PDA

View Full Version : Flame Boss / Guru Fan?

SimcoBBQ
02-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Does anyone have any experience running a flame boss with a guru fan? I'm looking to up grade to a Wifi unit and already have a couple of pit viper (guru) fans.

jmed999
02-07-2016, 04:42 PM
I didn't know the Guru fan could be used with the Flame Boss.

SimcoBBQ
02-07-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure , but The naked whiz has a write up that says it will. Was just wondering if any of the Bretheren had tried it out before I buy one

IamMadMan
02-08-2016, 06:32 AM
I've never seen or used the flameboss, but: I've used the Guru as my only pit controller. I started using the Guru when it had the knob to set temperatures (late 90's). I purchased the Digi-Q II about four years ago and I am still very happy with the performance over the past unit as well as the new unit. It works so well that I never looked at any other controller.

jmed999
02-08-2016, 07:13 AM
I have the Flame Boss 200 on order and I've been using the Guru for a couple years. When I get the Flame Boss in I'll test it with the Guru blower to see if it works and report back.

SimcoBBQ
02-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Thanks jmed ! From what I've read the wifi is super easy on the Flame Boss 200 (unlike the guru wifi / it was a pain so I went back to a digi q years ago) , but I don't think the fan the have will run my larger pit and I have 2 guru fans already

Flame Boss
02-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Your BBQ Guru blower will work just fine with a Flame Boss smoker controller. We recommend it for people who already have a blower or for those of you who have a smoker that does not work with our blowers.

SimcoBBQ
02-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Your BBQ Guru blower will work just fine with a Flame Boss smoker controller. We recommend it for people who already have a blower or for those of you who have a smoker that does not work with our blowers.

Thanks Flame Boss! I pm'd you on Facebook asking that so disregard that pm.
1 more question while I've got you here. Do the probes cross over as well?
Once again thanks for the info & keep an eye out for an order from me (Rusty Simmons)

pgyrogear
02-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I have used both the Flame Boss and the Guru and the Flame boss beats the Guru hands down when it come to the web interface. The Guru fans will work on the Flame Boss on problem I used mine with the 25CMF Guru fan and it worked fine with 1 or 2 fans. I like the way the Flame Boss lowers the speed of the fan rather than a percentage of ON and OFF.

The Guru temp probe will not work on the Flame Boss.

We have used the Flame Boss on a number of our pit and found that we like it best out of all the fan temp controller that we have use (because of the reliable internet connection).

pasquale388
02-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Flame boss all the way