PDA

View Full Version : Next step.

Tatanka
01-27-2016, 07:03 PM
When I asked for feedback on the WSM, got some good info that pretty much made up my mind. Considered a used one for sale, but the travel cost and time, plus a preference for new leaned me toward a new unit. Happened to be in Home Depot today and just bit the bullet, a brand new 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. Putting it together tonight.

One comment I remember from the feedback was "It's not the cooker, it's the cook." In general, I agree with this. Some of you folks here could probably produce primo BBQ using an old metal garbage can with some minor modifications!:tongue: But I'm also a woodworker and musician and in those endeavors I've learned that the quality of the tools/instruments definitely make a difference in the results.

So, my 20 year old Weber Kettle will be for grilling and the WSM will be my dedicated smoking tool. Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to upping my smoking game!

Happy Hapgood
01-27-2016, 07:06 PM
When I asked for feedback on the WSM, got some good info that pretty much made up my mind. Considered a used one for sale, but the travel cost and time, plus a preference for new leaned me toward a new unit. Happened to be in Home Depot today and just bit the bullet, a brand new 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. Putting it together tonight.

One comment I remember from the feedback was "It's not the cooker, it's the cook." In general, I agree with this. Some of you folks here could probably produce primo BBQ using an old metal garbage can with some minor modifications!:tongue: But I'm also a woodworker and musician and in those endeavors I've learned that the quality of the tools/instruments definitely make a difference in the results.

So, my 20 year old Weber Kettle will be for grilling and the WSM will be my dedicated smoking tool. Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to upping my smoking game!

After a brief 'er Honeymoon you too will be producing Premo BBQ.

Congratulations! :clap2:

Okie Sawbones
01-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Enjoy, man! :-D

KevinJ
01-27-2016, 07:35 PM
After a couple of cooks you'll be thinking darn I should've gotten one of these years ago. Congrats

speed2486
01-27-2016, 07:49 PM
You'll love the WSM! I love mine!

cowgirl
01-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Congratulations!!

cheez59
01-27-2016, 07:53 PM
It's not all about the cook all the time. Cookers do make a difference. The WSM will make you a better cook. Enjoy it and smoke on.

Ag76
01-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Good purchase.

grimsrud
01-27-2016, 08:12 PM
After a brief 'er Honeymoon you too will be producing Premo BBQ.

Congratulations! :clap2:

what toast said ...

Harbormaster
01-27-2016, 08:45 PM
You chose..... wisely.

I absolutely love cooking on WSMs. I think they are the best value in backyard smokers and help a guy or gal produce great quality BBQ.

Welcome to the WSM club.

mrwhale
01-28-2016, 07:32 AM
Congrats! You will love your new cooker. Get ready to be popular with your friends and family.