PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts

BrooklynQ
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Have any of the brethren given cooked BBQ as Christmas gifts?

If so, how do you wrap or present it as gifts?

Bill-Chicago
12-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I have on only one occasion.

Smoked fatties. Freeze them, then, since they are frozen and no juice can come up to fark up your motor, I had put them in a very small amount of vacu-seal film.

I boxed 2 up, with 2 bricks of cheese. It was like a Hickory Farms box with fatties instead of salami or summer sausage.

Little printed note card on slice and microwave the fatty for a few seconds, green and red tissue paper, and overnighted to a friend in Virginia.

Wine & Swine
12-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I am going to give my brother some leftovers from RUB on Wednesday night (maybe just a pile of rib bones). Not sure how I am going to wrap it though, maybe you can help me.

backyardchef
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
I am going to give my brother some leftovers from RUB on Wednesday night (maybe just a pile of rib bones). Not sure how I am going to wrap it though, maybe you can help me.

Newspaper is always festive.

I've home-canned some sauce in the past, but when we've given bbq to people, we've always just frozen, vac-packed and delivered. Nothing fancy. The sauce was in Mason jars with homemade labels and tied w/ some decorative ribbon with a little tag that we made and punched holes into so that it could be tied w/ the ribbon.

cmcadams
12-07-2006, 11:27 AM
I've sent barbecue... frozen in vacuum sealed bags, wrapped in tissue paper and bows, then put in a box lined with newspaper, with dry ice around the food. I send it via US Post, priority mail, on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday... Thursday through Saturday may end up sitting until it thaws.

tommykendall
12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I give tamales to many neighbors. Toss them in zip-locs, squeeze out the air, seal, wrap, and deliver.

thirdeye
12-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Have any of the brethren given cooked BBQ as Christmas gifts? If so, how do you wrap or present it as gifts?

I've done blocks of smoked cheese, smoked turkey breasts & Buckboarded pork loin. All vac sealed and usually in a gift box with some wine (or a jug of hard liquor), crackers and the like.

I give tamales to many neighbors. Toss them in zip-locs, squeeze out the air, seal, wrap, and deliver.

Me too. Folks love them for X-mas.

Jorge
12-07-2006, 02:00 PM

Hmmm, that's a reason to consider relocating! I even know a realtor out there. Let me know if a house goes on the market down the street.

Bigdog
12-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Hmmm, that's a reason to consider relocating! I even know a realtor out there. Let me know if a house goes on the market down the street.
Note to self: Jorge likes Tamales.

bbqbull
12-07-2006, 03:10 PM
This week my wife and I gave Cookshack Smokers to my son and my future son in law for Christmas gifts/Wedding gifts this week. They both work chitty hours and honestly dont have time for log fired units. Ive been on the phone more in the last week than ive been w/either of them in the last year.
I hope they both become Brethren Brothers some day. Now im flat arsed broke and will smoke some cheeze and pulled pork for the neighbors for Christmas gifts.

Mike

Markbb
12-07-2006, 03:17 PM
I've given Baked potato soup in mason jars with a nice ribbon. The family went gaga over it.

The_Kapn
12-07-2006, 03:22 PM
This week my wife and I gave Cookshack Smokers to my son and my future son in law for Christmas gifts/Wedding gifts this week.
Mike

Daddy Bull,
I have been a really good boy this year.
FEC100 ????????? :lol:

I am visiting relatives in TX.
Rather than ship BBQ--I am gonna use them for guinea pigs for some new techniques I want to use.
Lucky them! :redface:

TIM

tommykendall
12-07-2006, 04:14 PM

Next door late this Spring.

Bigmista
12-07-2006, 04:42 PM

<-----moving to Long Beach.

BrooklynQ
12-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Next door late this Spring.

We should all buy it as the Brethren Hotel California.

thirdeye
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
We should all buy it as the Brethren Hotel California.

You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!

tjus77
12-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Decided to give the office of my largest client a BARBQ picnic lunch next week. I figure a brisket and a butt should do the trick. Pot o beans and tater salad. They will provide the drinks. Might give a brisket and a loaf bread to the second largest.

thirdeye
12-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Decided to give the office of my largest client a BARBQ picnic lunch next week. I figure a brisket and a butt should do the trick. Pot o beans and tater salad. They will provide the drinks. Might give a brisket and a loaf bread to the second largest.

Sounds like an outstanding gesture. Take some good pictures and include them in a Christmas card to the other clients.

Gatordawg
12-08-2006, 07:25 PM
haven't given any meat, but am giving some sauces and such to some people... Typical Gift Basket Mod

CarbonToe
12-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Gave away smoked Chickens last year, I just xip locked them and put them in a sort of large envelope of wrapping paper.

Nothing fancy, They were just smaller prezzies to give us something to open and nibble on whilst chatting.