PDA

View Full Version : Trailer smoker cover?

dadymat
01-07-2016, 12:23 AM
OK, so now I have my new awesome Shirley Fabrication cooker in search of cover...

what are you guys using as covers?....I dont have room in garage so its stored in back yard right now under vinyl tarp with bungee cords....is everyone using tarps or there something better?...

sylntghost
01-07-2016, 04:27 AM
I'm using harbor freight tarps also.i do have a poll barn kit on order though.

Dweverett
01-07-2016, 05:20 AM
Too bad you didn't mention it to Paul and Tyler before you picked it up. They have a neighbor that can make custom covers. Not sure she can do it without access to the smoker though. Might be worth checking though

Dweverett
01-07-2016, 05:30 AM
Too bad you didn't mention it to Paul and Tyler before you picked it up. They have a neighbor that can make custom covers. Not sure she can do it without access to the smoker though. Might be worth checking though

Here is a video of one with a frame. Think Paul showed one one that was more traditional at some point as well

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2D_VYBmJx8

pjtexas1
01-07-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm using a hf oversized tarp. Some get a boat type custom cover made because the material breathes. I was going to build a wooden carport type structure but that still leaves the cooker exposed to the elements. I will probably go the custom cover route eventually. No room in my garage either and I don't want to be cooking in the driveway.

Shiz-Nit
01-07-2016, 06:33 AM
I would order a boat cover or have a custom boat cover made to fit. Have brass grommets installed around the bottom edges to allow for tie downs or bungee cords.

Smokin J's PIts
01-07-2016, 08:03 AM
From going to the tailgating over here at A&M I have seen quite a few guys use some form of this, some even have them where they fit on the trailer instead of the ground

Shagdog
01-07-2016, 08:10 AM
If you are wanting a custom cover, I would look for a place that makes boat covers. Heavy duty material and a nice snug fit. They could probably even make you a cover you could keep on for travel. My inlaws had a custom cover made for their fishing boat and I was really impressed at the quality of the material and the fit. They even put reinforcements in the fabric where ever they thought it would be a rub point...

As mentioned, Paul's neighbor makes them, but she needs access to the smoker to get it measured out...

THoey1963
01-07-2016, 03:04 PM
For my LSG, I ordered a cover from the below link. Pricey, and it takes a month to have it built, but it is heavy duty and comes with a 10 year warranty.

http://grillwraps.com/smokers/

cats49er
01-07-2016, 05:08 PM
If you have room in the back yard you can still get a metal carport for $600 or $700.And you could cook and store wood under it. Just my thoughts.

Doug Crann
01-07-2016, 07:24 PM
OK, so now I have my new awesome Shirley Fabrication cooker in search of cover...

what are you guys using as covers?....I dont have room in garage so its stored in back yard right now under vinyl tarp with bungee cords....is everyone using tarps or there something better?...

Might want to talk to Paul. His neighbor maDE me a cover for my griddle

nachos4life
01-07-2016, 07:33 PM
mine shirley gets abused in the weather quite a bit but if i remember i get a cheap tarp over it. when i don't cover and it rains, only minimal moisture gets in. kept her in the garage for a few months but i cant cook in there. i need one of those covers Smokin J's posted as i don't have a lot of room for a carport or anything.

dadymat
01-07-2016, 07:49 PM

yes , i seen those ....I wouldnt want a whole frame just a snug fitting cover

For my LSG, I ordered a cover from the below link. Pricey, and it takes a month to have it built, but it is heavy duty and comes with a 10 year warranty.

http://grillwraps.com/smokers/

how much did your cost ya?..