PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new Assassin 24 today!

sfrancis353
12-12-2015, 08:30 PM
First let me say that this thing is extremely well built. Solid as a tank and just pretty as can be. If you go to the website, it just doesn't do them justice. It's much larger than I would have thought too. I am going to be doing its maiden cook tomorrow because I figure no better way to do so with some football in the background. I'll report more back on this thread once I get some data on how it cooks, but I had to get on and make sure the brethren understood the people that make this beast.

First off when I ordered it they wanted to make sure that it was being built exactly how I wanted. Any modifications that I wanted could be done at no cost. I was flabbergasted. Sadly, they basically throw anything that I could possibly want into this thing standard. The only "special" things I wanted was the hinges on the right/latch on left and probe holes on both sides of the cooker to make it easier to send multiple temp probes in.

They immediately got to work and called about a week later letting me know it would be done faster than expected. They sent me pictures of my baby as it was being painted so I could see how it was coming along. Then the owner, Jeff Conley, let it be know that he'd come in on Saturday if it would help me out, so I could come get it. Needless to say I took him up on it.

When I arrived at their business he was already there, and this beautiful smoker was there waiting for me. He showed me all the ins and outs and answered every question I could possible come up with. He then gave me the tour of the other grills and smokers that they are working on. All high quality stuff and custom to what their customers want. After this, we spent the next hour and a half or so talking Q. I think if beer were around we'd probably still be there.

Needless to say, this is a quality outfit full of people that really care about what they are making. Can't wait to report back on this as I put it through it's paces. :clap:

pjtexas1
12-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Congrats! That's a beauty.

Ag76
12-12-2015, 08:59 PM
You are going to enjoy that. Congratulations.

hogs122
12-12-2015, 09:01 PM
What a nice looking cooker. Anxious to hear how the maiden voyage goes tomorrow

BBQ Freak
12-12-2015, 09:10 PM
that looks awesome and need another cooker like that soon for my long cooks .

sylntghost
12-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Congrats on your new bundle of joy.:thumb:

StevieP
12-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Very nice. Congratulations.

pal156
12-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Congrats :clap:

Richard_
12-12-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm jelly , nice cooker for sure

K80Shooter
12-13-2015, 12:34 AM
That's the exact same experience I had when I picked up mine. Jeff is very knowledgeable and eager to help in any way he can. I also was blown away be the size, I just didn't know these things were so big! Still mine only use's about a pound of Stubs an hour and I can always use the extra space.

Enjoy that cooker, I know I do mine.

cheez59
12-13-2015, 03:25 AM
Nice looking cooker there neighbor. Jeff is a great guy to talk to. One of the most straight forward honest people you will ever meet. It is really surprising that he is not a member here.

dport7
12-13-2015, 05:02 AM
Nice cooker, for sure keep us updated.

Burnt to a T
12-13-2015, 07:05 AM
Nice cooker, but I don't see you picking it up in any picture? I just see it sitting on the casters.

Lighter-Fluid
12-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Congratulations, that's a nice looking rig

BBQ Train
12-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Congrats on you new smoker. Robin & Jeff are great people to work with. I have an Assassin 24 and I love mine. Good luck on you future smokes.:clap2::clap2:

Decoy205
12-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Great cooker!! Congrats. I like a positive buying experience as well.

KevinJ
12-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Nice looking cooker there neighbor. Jeff is a great guy to talk to. One of the most straight forward honest people you will ever meet. It is really surprising that he is not a member here.
I'll second this, Jeff is a good guy to talk to.

Smokin' Greene
12-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Nice! Good people and products at Assassin!

bbqwizard
12-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Congrats! They are a great company all around. Excellent choice!

sfrancis353
12-14-2015, 05:55 AM
Did my season and first cook. Would have put pictures of the finished product, but some neighbors showed up and everything was gone before I could take a shot. Didn't fill it up because wanted to get a feel for it first. But the short ribs tasted like beef candy, the pork ribs where beautiful and the chicken legs shot juice out when my wife took her first bite. Everything was cooked beautiful with a kiss of smoke. Will be doing some larger cooks in the next couple weeks. Want to send some food to the boys and girls who work the fire stations to say thanks for what they do.

mschwirian
12-14-2015, 06:08 AM
Congrats on the new pit. Great idea with the fireman, think I'd like to do the same.

pvcollie
12-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Congratulations on the new Assassin 24! You are going to love it. I have cooked on the 24 and 28. I prefer to cook on the 24 but they both hold so steady it is embarrassingly simple.

Enrico Brandizzi
12-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Congratulation!