PDA

View Full Version : SNF Kurobuta Baby Backs

sturev
12-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Anyone order these lately? I just got my order and some are like riblets and they're not even consistent in the number of ribs??? Tried to call them and sat on hold for 20 min's and then it went to their after hours message and wanted me to leave them a message. :shocked:

I've only heard rave reviews on their products so I'm very surprised.

It's almost like these are supposed to be spareribs/tips not baby backs?

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o741/evansturdivant/Mobile%20Uploads/45D9D9B2-8EA4-46A7-B90E-4622C227F1AB_zpsps4dkkpj.jpg

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o741/evansturdivant/Mobile%20Uploads/276CB831-A4E0-4B1E-93BC-DCF8DADE7965_zpsuv21oblu.jpg

Mattb82
12-11-2015, 05:51 PM
I considered ordering a brisket from them and then read a lot of reviews about how thin some of the brisket flats were to the point they looked nothing like the picture sometimes. That last pic definitely doesn't look right

hogs122
12-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Yikes. A couple of those racks are kind of embarrassing. Hopefully they make it right with you.

crpngdth2001
12-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Double Yikes! Those are some SCRAWNY weird looking baby backs. +1 on hoping they make it right for you.

COS
12-11-2015, 07:56 PM
I ordered some baby backs once from a shop here that imports a lot of meat, not knowing what to expect. I received them looking like that, 800 grams a pack of two. Size would've been fine if they were meaty, but there was a lot of shiners. I won't be ordering them again. They couldn't do anything it about either.

Trunks
12-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Unreal wow

BBQ Freak
12-11-2015, 08:24 PM
I hope they make it up to you , I would not be happy either . :tsk:

cheez59
12-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Pay all that money for something special and then receive something like that. I would be pi$$ed.

sturev
12-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Thanks all... I know Shane is s member here and hopefully he can figure out what happened.

What I got certainly doesn't look any like what I ordered:
http://cdn.snakeriverfarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/r/srfpork-bbribs-raw.jpg

jamaicamon
12-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Anna the customer service manager is a member here as well. Ive heard she will take care of issues like this

code3rrt
12-12-2015, 11:52 AM
The St Louis cut ribs from SRF are the only product of theirs that I have had an issue with, and they made it all right immediately, no questions asked. I've worked with both Annella and Shane, great customer service, better than most. Absolutely everything else I've gotten from SRF has been just top notch, great products.

I've found that I get a faster response via email, and I also see that they have a "chat" feature on the site now as well. I would imagine that they are incredibly busy this time of year, but as far as my experience, the customer service was fantastic.

KC

mahenryak
12-12-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm a fan of their briskets and tri-tips (both the Wagyu tri-tips and NW beef tri-tips). I haven't ordered their ribs and I have to say based upon your pics I don't think I will be doing so anytime soon--no offense to the owners, just saying.

tmv1976
12-12-2015, 04:47 PM
I had a problem with an order a while back, just shoot an email to the address on their site. I got a reply the next day and was satisfied with the solution.

Oakswamper
12-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Wow that's awful, I just got an email from them and thought about ordering ribs, I think I will wait and see how this comes out for you.

tcv21
12-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I ordered their ribs once... and only once. Their Gold Grade Briskets are great but ribs leave alot to be desired.

CakeM1x
12-13-2015, 12:54 AM
Surprised SNF even let that last rack go out the door. Their qc on ribs seems to be the biggest complaint on this board. Hopefully they make it right.

ModelMaker
12-13-2015, 09:29 AM
I eat meat....that is the only authoritative statement I can make regarding specialized pork animals versus commodity pork animals.
I have been told the special animals are by definition a little scrawny per say and the goal of theses beasts are quality of taste over quantity of mass.
I've had Duroc (sp) ribs that look rather poor but tasted fantastic.
Just sayin....
Ed

sturev
12-14-2015, 12:02 PM
I talked to Rich in customer service and sent him the pictures, we'll see what they say...

Oops, I just realized that I put SNF instead of SRF in the title of this thread... :mrgreen:

sturev
12-14-2015, 01:18 PM
SRF has excellent customer service, that's for sure! They are making things right and I won't hesitate to do business with them again!

jamaicamon
12-14-2015, 02:39 PM
Glad to hear!

bam
12-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Contact them they will make it right keep us updated

DUBBAGA
12-16-2015, 07:05 PM
SRF are fantastic - such wonderful people. We are lucky to have Shane and Annella here at the Brethren as well

Shane making sure that Dan from 3-Eyz is cutting the glorious rib roast to his specifications
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy60/DUBBAGA/2015%20King%20of%20the%20Smoker/100_2640.jpg

Annella cooking it up - that was some dang tasty meat
http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy60/DUBBAGA/2015%20King%20of%20the%20Smoker/100_2642.jpg

- it didn't hurt to have some of Dan's delicious 3-Eyz Rub seasoning the beef

Thatgrimguy
12-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Kurobota and Duroc are much smaller than commodity pigs. Plus they SRF is known for beef not pork.

Everytime I see someone order heritage ribs they are disappointed.

Offthehook
12-16-2015, 09:48 PM
They may be small for competition but I'm sure they are tasty.

mikemci
12-16-2015, 10:23 PM
They may be small for competition but I'm sure they are tasty.

You need to check out the price, then see if "tasty" is all he thought he was buying.

sturev
12-17-2015, 07:47 AM
SRF are fantastic - such wonderful people. We are lucky to have Shane and Annella here at the Brethren as well

Yes, they took care of me without hesitation and made things right! Great group of people for sure... :clap::clap::clap:

srfshane
12-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Glad it all got sorted out! Our philosophy is that the one thing we can be sure of is that things are never going to go perfectly. It's our belief that the true measure of a business is in how they deal with things when they go sideways.

A couple of comments on our Berkshire pork:
- They are not necessarily smaller than commodity animals, but the difference is that we process them when they're smaller. We've found that with these animals, as they get bigger their meat quality deteriorates. It's less profitable for us to approach it this way, but we believe it results in a better product
- Much of our pork is exported overseas. As a result, they way we butcher our animals is very different than the US and produces different looking cuts....for instance, we do a "Japanese Break" on the shoulder which is why we we don't produce your typical pork butt (our money muscle gets broken into a couple of cuts).

On a side note - KOS was a blast, though that picture makes me realize I may have been creeping a little heavy on Dan while he was doing his demo. I sure do miss 75 degrees and sunny though!

Thatgrimguy
12-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Glad it all got sorted out! Our philosophy is that the one thing we can be sure of is that things are never going to go perfectly. It's our belief that the true measure of a business is in how they deal with things when they go sideways.

A couple of comments on our Berkshire pork:
- They are not necessarily smaller than commodity animals, but the difference is that we process them when they're smaller. We've found that with these animals, as they get bigger their meat quality deteriorates. It's less profitable for us to approach it this way, but we believe it results in a better product
- Much of our pork is exported overseas. As a result, they way we butcher our animals is very different than the US and produces different looking cuts....for instance, we do a "Japanese Break" on the shoulder which is why we we don't produce your typical pork butt (our money muscle gets broken into a couple of cuts).

On a side note - KOS was a blast, though that picture makes me realize I may have been creeping a little heavy on Dan while he was doing his demo. I sure do miss 75 degrees and sunny though!

Thank you for that clarification. Learn something new everyday. I have eaten some of these tiny ribs and they ARE devine. But very underwhelming compared to grocery store ribs in size.