PDA

View Full Version : It's the "I believe in BBQ Santa!" Giveaway! Enter now.

BigButzBBQ
12-10-2015, 07:10 AM
The annual "I belive in BBQ Santa!" Giveaway officially started today.
check out BBQSanta.info (http://bbqsanta.info) for all the details for entering in to get a chance at the Mega Gift pack along with the daily Mini Gift packs.
You can enter 3 different ways daily through email, Twitter, and playing along on Facebook with Santa's question of the day.
all of this is made possible because of the great sponsors: Snake River Farms, Mojobricks, Ubon's of Yazoo, Frogmats, Wine & Swine BBQ Products, Ted & Barney's seasonings, BBQ Pro shop, and, of course, Big Butz BBQ Products.

This is usually a fun event for everyone to participate in and many of the people who were lucky enough to receive gift packs in the past have been Brethren.

The Brethren have helped to make this a successful event from the beginging and in honor of that, this thread is going to be a one time bonus entry into the Mega Gift pack available to Brethren only.

Rules:
1. Must be a paid subsciber to the Brethren. (If you aren't yet, you should be!)
2. Only one bonus entry per Brethren member. (You can respond many times but only 1 will count.)
3. If you are chosen, Mega Gift pack will only ship to continental United States locations and you need to be contactable by PM to obtain info.
4. To enter answer the question given below in a reply to this thread.

The great thing about the Brethren is how everyone is willing to share and help out one another. This is the season of giving. What I want to know is; what has the Brethren given to you or how has the Brethren helped you to give to others?

PappaOscar
12-10-2015, 07:26 AM
The Brethern has introduced me to folks who share a passion of cooking and their knowledge. I've learned more from the Brethern than I could have from a book since this is all interactive. Plus y'all are great. It's all constructive criticism at best. Plus a little ribbing on the side (haha get it ribbing...) make it fun. Thanks guys.

Ron_L
12-10-2015, 07:29 AM
My answer to both questions is basically the same! Knowledge, laughter, frustration :) and, most importantly, friendship!

PatAttack
12-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Whoa, Tom. What a thought provoking question.

I guess this place to me is like what farkbook is to most others. The knowledge on this forum knows no bounds and being a certified Whack-A-Doodle and Woodpile Ho, I can always count on this place to lift my spirits. If I'm in the Woodpile, I can lift my leg.

The BBQ Brethren just plain farking ROCKS!

chicagokp
12-10-2015, 07:58 AM
The great thing about the Brethren is how everyone is willing to share and help out one another. This is the season of giving. What I want to know is; what has the Brethren given to you or how has the Brethren helped you to give to others?

The Brethren has given me good knowledge and better friendship. I have really made some lifelong friends on the Brethren. On the helped me to give to others, well, hopefully pretty soon I'll be in a position to do some charity cooks and sign up for Operation BBQ Relief. :thumb:

DUBBAGA
12-10-2015, 08:03 AM
The Brethren taught me that there is a community within the world of BBQ that is astoundingly generous, and in order to truly feel a part of the group, I needed to make an effort to do more for my fellow man/woman/human.

There are so many people here that have done amazing things, inevitably I would feel awful for forgetting to list some names, so I will purposely refrain. But those of you who donate you efforts for OBR, multiple charities, the military, etc - thank you. Those of you who are BBQ business people of various types (fabricators, retailers, rub/sauce manufacturers, competition teams with classes, etc) - thank you for your continued generosity in donating products and funds for frequent fundraising activities.

All y'all are a special group. Thank you BBQ Santa for giving me another reason to reflect on it.

ps: Sorry Guerry that you are excluded from this... see rule #3 :mrgreen:

frognot
12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
The Brethren is my hangout and happy place. Been privileged to meet several of the members here and look forward to meeting more next year. I have also had the opportunity to help various members in need, either financially or with prayer.

doubt3
12-10-2015, 08:18 AM
The Brethren has given me knowledge, confidence to try new things, and has been a sounding board for suggestions and constructive criticism when questions are asked.

sturev
12-10-2015, 08:37 AM
The Brethren is amazing! I would have never thought that such a diverse group of people would be connected in such a way; truly heartwarming... I have learned so much and experienced things that I would have never dreamed of; now all I do is dream about my next cook, trying to create something new or come close to the beauty I've seen posted here. Thanks to all and happy holidays to everyone!

landarc
12-10-2015, 08:42 AM
I got to know Bigabyte and Deguerre, which caused me to question the choices I was making in life.

Then there are the great food ideas, fixing my brisket slump (thanks Saiko and Pitmaster T) and getting to know so many great BBQ guys and gals, especially the NorCal Brethren.

Buckeye79
12-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Not sure how but I didn't even realize there were paid subscriptions to this site. Glad you put that in the rules to raise awareness. Glad to say I am now a paid subscriber.

:-D

Mrfish
12-10-2015, 09:02 AM
The Brethren have helped me teach my son and learn side by side with him the joy of BBQ. It started out sharing cooks over the internet between us while he was living in Las Vegas, and now has moved back to Iowa, and cook together at least once every few weeks. I truly believe this common passion has brought us closer together and for that I am extremely thankful to the Brethren.

WhitesideJC
12-10-2015, 09:12 AM
The Brethren has been the fuel to my BBQ insanity. I've spent countless hours on here reading, looking, salivating, and most importantly, learning about BBQ. I have many a page bookmarked, various posts copied and pasted into a working document, all because it's information that is invaluable. Most importantly it's a supportive community that fosters the sense of a "brethren." Thanks to all, and I'm forever in debt to everyone who has helped me along the way (even though you probably have no idea!).

pitbossJB
12-10-2015, 09:26 AM
The Brethren are the only group on the internet that make me feel welcome like a brother. I have learned from the best and shared my BBQ fortunes and misfortunes on here. It's the only place I check in on every day to see what's going on and if I can help someone with what I know, I will do so.

Ribeye Republic
12-10-2015, 09:27 AM
The Brethren has given me a place to visit with like minded folks who share the same passion.

alecksjaycubs
12-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Heartburn, nothing but heartburn:-P

bproffer
12-10-2015, 09:48 AM
My few years of being on this site has shown me that the brethren are some of the most generous people I have seen and will do anything at the drop of a hat to help those in need. Its pretty awesome to see and I try to emulate that giving spirit whenever I can. That and the food pron, recipes, new techniques, etc...

brimclau
12-10-2015, 10:02 AM
The Brethren are a group of people from all walks of life and from many places around the US and the world, who share a passion for cooking with smoke and fire. They have given me knowledge collectively found no where else in existence.

A few months ago, I was struggling with my brisket and was faced with a 4 brisket cook for 60 people at a highly-anticipated event. I almost switched to another main course but when I reached out on this forum for support / advice, I received no less than 30 replies with tremendous advice and support. Because of this, the brisket was a huge success and I still get compliments today. Thanks to all for taking the time to share your unique expertise!!

rehless
12-10-2015, 10:09 AM
The Brethren have really made my grilling and smoking better...and we aren't done yet.
I plan to do my first brisket and will be looking to the Brethren for help, which will be forthcoming, in spades. This organization is a great group of caring and sharing people

ColoradoSmoke
12-10-2015, 10:10 AM
The Bretheren continuous to teach me, daily, about BBQ and cooking in general. And in turn, I share this new found knowledge with friends and neighbors. Talking BBQ brings people together in a very strange way - kinda cool.:clap2:

gsmith
12-10-2015, 10:26 AM
The Brethren gives me 24/7/365 access to an incredibly entertaining barbecue resource. Although I don't post much I check the site daily to keep up on what's going on, say a prayer or two for those in need, get some ideas on what to cook, see all of the amazing cooks going on, etc.
One of my favorite tips is the smile.amazon link. I signed up and every time I make a purchase a little goes to Operation BBQ Relief. :thumb:

Decoy205
12-10-2015, 10:34 AM
I believe in BBQ Santa!!

I've learned so much about bbq and cooking from this site. Always great ideas to feed my appetites and love looking at all the talent displayed here.

The generosity of this place is always astounding. Thanks to all that make the brethren what it is!!

ckelly
12-10-2015, 10:47 AM
The brethren never fail, they never let anyone down.
They have each other's backs.
The raffles, donations and generous support for those in need.

NeoTrout
12-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Over the years I have gained much BBQ knowledge from the Brethren. Most of all, I have met and got to know some wonderful people. :cool:

jpeisen
12-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I've gained a lot of knowledge reading through the forums, about various ways of cooking, different recipes to try, tools, pits, etc. The knowledge and the friendly banter keeps me visiting, as it seems like a generally good place to hang out.

-John

kwas68
12-10-2015, 11:51 AM
I've learned a ton here and met some pretty cool people. Stoke and Smoke gave me the confidence to compete. Yet another, ITBFQ, happens to be my BBQ teammate. And I shig from all of you.

newtwoq
12-10-2015, 02:42 PM
The Brethren is a special place on the web, where we all are brought together by one single joy that is achieved in many different ways! The Brethren has allowed me to explore a vast amount of different ideas in taking me from someone looking for two sticks to rub together to someone who only half way knows what they are doing. But all along the way this group of people have been extremely helpful! I have had the honor of meeting a few of you offsite and Brethren are some of the most upstanding people I have ever met! :thumb:

jwtseng
12-10-2015, 03:01 PM
The Brethren community is filled with so much inspiration and knowledge. I have learned pretty much everything about the art of BBQ from my time here with the Brethren.

ITBFQ
12-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Through the BBQ Brethren I've learned a lot, read a lot that has caused me to pause and think, and most importantly, I've gained some excellent friends. This place absolutely rocks. Plus, how else would I spend my down time at work?!

Moose
12-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Well, there's woodpile for starters. I've had more laughs there, whether it be about frogs and chimps or the worthless picture thread...ok, just kidding. :twisted:

Being a member of this community since 2009 has been an incredibly rewarding and inspired experience. The level of camaraderie and generosity of so many of our members is nothing short of amazing. Many of our members have an incredible knowledge base that they freely and generously pass along to others without expectation. It doesn't get any better than that!

Timmy Mac
12-10-2015, 09:48 PM
For me it's the generosity of this site that just brings your spirit up. BBQ of brothers. There's so many ways to cook and this site opened me up to it.

I'm grateful for the Ohio brethren get together. what a great time and meet some great people. Think we have to do it again!!!

Smoke on Badger Mountain
12-10-2015, 10:02 PM
What the Brethren was given me? The list is long. But for the most part it's a place to share with others that have the same passion. All of the great things that I have learned from all ya'll. The amazing photos from some of you. And it have given me the passion to share the passion and skills with others around me THANKS!

mikemci
12-10-2015, 10:17 PM
This site means many things to me. It's like comfort food for the soul. But the biggest thing, that I will always remember is being fortunate enough, to be involved in the Dan Chambers smoker relay. Thank you Brethren!:clap2:http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170486

This says it all, about this place.

revkab
12-10-2015, 11:09 PM
"The great thing about the Brethren is how everyone is willing to share and help out one another. This is the season of giving. What I want to know is; what has the Brethren given to you or how has the Brethren helped you to give to others?"

The Brethren have collectively taught me worlds more than any BBQ Cookbook. Reading (and corresponding with) Brethren posts has given me recipes, techniques, even build advice, that has made me a much better BBQer than I was before (a guy with a Weber with a bagfull of woodchips).

In turn, learning from the Brethren has allowed me to teach and coach other BBQers to begin learning the art. It seems so many people buy smokers, only to find they have no idea whatsoever how to create even decent Q. I've helped a nice handful to start doing things right.

And, if it wasn't for the Brethren, I'd never have learned how to make the world's best hors d'oerves - ABTS!!!

ebijack
12-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Besides documenting how many different ways to cook/smoke/fix problems so future BBQer's will be able to know how we used to cook :biggrin1:
The many friendships that have come to be.
This place is a great part of my everyday to know what's going on, the wonderful jokes/photos/ribbing. How can you beat that?
:clap2::clap2::clap::clap::thumb:

Smoke Dawg
12-11-2015, 05:35 AM
People, friendship, and knowledge
I have met many people, learned from others, hopefully helped a few, and most of all built a friendship with people that I would not ever even known if I was not a Brethren.
Be very careful if some tells you to google something :shocked:

BigButzBBQ
12-11-2015, 11:34 AM
It's a new day which means another chance to play. 1 gift pack has already been given awat, who will get the next one? It could be you.

THoey1963
12-11-2015, 04:35 PM
The Brethren has given me a safe haven to refine my craft, and to meet others that have a common love. Through the Brethren, I have met some really amazing people that go out of their way to help those here and others in their community. I am honored to be accepted here...

deguerre
12-11-2015, 04:50 PM
I learned proper knife skills from Ronelle!

deguerre
12-11-2015, 04:51 PM
And met a bunch of great people too. :thumb::thumb:

BigButzBBQ
12-12-2015, 09:29 AM
It's a new day and a new chance to enter.

2 gift packs have been given away so far.

I think the winners are both Brethren.

You going to be the next lucky one?

revkab
12-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Well, I learned about the "thin blue." One more move towards great Q.

Decoy205
12-13-2015, 08:15 AM
Keepin it going! I'm sending another email now to BBQ Samta!

Wornslick
12-13-2015, 12:07 PM
The Brethren has given me a place to go to daily to be around folks like me that enjoy BBQ and all the things that go with it. I have learned so much here by just sitting back and reading all the great posts. :thumb:

BigButzBBQ
12-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Only 3 days left to enter!

AZRaptor
12-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I have not only learned a countless number of bbq skills from the Brethren, but that knowledge has helped me bring one of my co-workers into the bbq addiction with my old WSM. He's been enjoying the hell out of it. Now I just need to get him to join up here.

Longhorn01
12-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Love the sharing of various ideas, techniques, mods, etc on this board. Has enabled me to incorporate into my cooking and have been able to pass along to others.

Love this group!