PDA

View Full Version : Blackstone users...

Doug Crann
12-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Put our 36" griddle together today, will be geating the cover for it sometime soon. Cleaned the griddle and hit it with some oil. Fired it up. Pretty obvious it has a hot spot, the one area of the griddle is noticeably darker than the rest. Peeked at it while it was burning, the second burner from the left...flam is high enough that the top of it was rolling over from hitting the griddle. Infrared thermometer read 40-90* hotter than anywhere else. This normal? Planning to just not turn that burner up as far as the others....

code3rrt
12-09-2015, 08:26 PM
That is not normal. You should contact their customer service and see what they will do for you. You can work with it that way, but I would try to get them to fix or replace it.

KC

lantern
12-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Yep, totally normal. I tried to use my infrared when I first got mine. No big deal once you actually start cooking. Just have to keep an eye on it and shuffle food around a bit or use the hot spots to your advantage. My hot spots are the far right and far left. The second from the left is actually my cold burner lol.

cheez59
12-10-2015, 01:17 AM
Mine has a couple hotspots as well. I think it is normal and unavoidable on a griddle that is only 1/4" thick. Cook on brother and use the hotspot to your advantage. It is not a bad thing once you learn the cooker.

dport7
12-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Mine is pretty even. Little temp difference in areas, but the season is pretty much the same all the way across.

Woody Butthrie
12-10-2015, 08:04 AM
The four burner bars create four zones on mine, but they are pretty even. I usually only have to cook with the controls at about 30-40% of high. Move food around and rock on.

NickTheGreat
12-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Didn't somebody on here do a thermal imaging study on their blackstone? Or maybe some other griddle of some sort?

Doug Crann
12-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Also noticed that when it is running wide open the left burner glows red...

Can't wait to start the cooking learning curve.

lantern
12-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Sounds like just ya just need to cut that one down a bit. But, if you are worried you could contact the company about it and perhaps they will think something needs to be done.