PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Smoke Wood

JazzCat
12-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Has anyone seen this?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cgb2wfyhAmU/VmiheL_ae-I/AAAAAAAAiBs/hir_ulkKhOY/s489-Ic42/alligatorsmokewood.bmp.jpg

It is (or was) made (or distributed) by EDWARD E. LaROSE in 1999 in Snowflake, Arizona.

ALLIGATOR SMOKE WOOD (chips)
THE SWEET TASTE OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS
GOURMET SMOKING WOOD FOR YOUR BARBECUE GRILL

JazzCat
12-09-2015, 04:29 PM
more on it... → http://www.hcn.org/issues/227/11239

cowgirl
12-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I've not come across it here. Let me know if you give it a try!

Doug Crann
12-09-2015, 05:04 PM
When we lived in Mesa I did see a bag or two floating around

jemezspring
12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
This brings a tear to my eye. In 2000 I got a bag from a guy, his lady and a dog or cat in front of a Home Depot in Mesa, Az. Really good grilling wood. Was able to buy it in the store a few months later but lost it after a couple of years. Would have people coming to the gazebo looking for food. Never used it for smoking.
Glad to see they are still around. Made some friends over that wood.

Q Junkie
12-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Well I used to have 43 acres around Show Low AZ. (not far from Snow Flake) and there was not a lot of hardwood around there. There was a type of pine or juniper that we called alligator pine or something like that. We would burn it down to coals and cook on it but I was not into smoking at that time and I can not say if what you have is the same wood. It does smell good just as a camp fire though.

Doug Crann
12-09-2015, 06:54 PM
This brings a tear to my eye. In 2000 I got a bag from a guy, his lady and a dog or cat in front of a Home Depot in Mesa, Az. Really good grilling wood. Was able to buy it in the store a few months later but lost it after a couple of years. Would have people coming to the gazebo looking for food. Never used it for smoking.
Glad to see they are still around. Made some friends over that wood.
I seen it at the place we got our first Egg from. Buddy has a place just outside Payson, we had a bonfire one night...Pretty sure this is what we were burning...