PDA

View Full Version : Smoke n Fire and BoneSmokers Rub

Plowboy
11-26-2006, 12:18 AM
After picking up supplies at Woodcraft, Michael and I made a stop in to Smoke N Fire (BBQ outfitter in KC area) at their new location. They finally got the room they needed. Nice store... expensive.

Picked up some of Dr BBQ's Bonesmokers 13 Pepper rub. Can't wait to try it out. Anyting particular that it is good on: ribs, pork, brisket? Sounds like a good spicy rib rub.

Bigdog
11-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I use it to heat up a mild, sweeter rub. Good stuff.

Used it on most everything with good results.

drbbq
11-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I like it on wings.
BTW that's about to be a collectors item because I'm temporarliy out of that business. The pepper blend will probably come back under the Porkrubbers label. She was a partner on that one and I've left it behind.

JohnMcD348
11-26-2006, 08:15 AM
I've got two bottles at home, one I'll use, the other will go up next to my collector bottle of Coke(with the original blend still in it) right nest to all my Hess trucks and Pete Rose autographed Baseball.

drbbq
11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm honored.

Plowboy
11-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Gee Doc, I think I'll go buy them out of the 13 Pepper and keep it next to the three pallets of original Kingsford in the garage. Will be my kids' college funds some day.

Bought a pack of baby backs from Costco today. Glad I didn't do one caked in 13 Pepper if it is that hot. I'll have to come up with a way to add some sweet to it.

ghostrider
11-26-2006, 11:41 AM
is it even worth anything no offense ment of course

Plowboy
11-26-2006, 11:47 AM
is it even worth anything no offense ment of course

Time will tell. :wink:

P.S. I don't have three pallets of original Kingsford in my garage. I may have a half bag in the BBQ trailer if I'm lucky.

HIJACK - Damn that Jessica Simpson is HOT!! :shock:

drbbq
11-26-2006, 12:09 PM
No, I don't think it will be a good investment. But I did recently hear that Gentleman Jack will be getting a new bottle and that the old ones will become collectibles. Tough item to save though.

It's really not a BBQ rub nor is it labeled as one. It's a pepper blend. The name "Crank It Up 13 Pepper Blend" might have indicated that it was hot! That said, it's pretty good on ribs.

Plowboy
11-26-2006, 12:16 PM
No, I don't think it will be a good investment. But I did recently hear that Gentleman Jack will be getting a new bottle and that the old ones will become collectibles. Tough item to save though.

It's really not a BBQ rub nor is it labeled as one. It's a pepper blend. The name "Crank It Up 13 Pepper Blend" might have indicated that it was hot! That said, it's pretty good on ribs.

LOL! Yes, Doc. I knew it was going to be hot, but there's a difference between Wings hot and a hot bbq rub. I love hot, but the family doesn't so much. So I'll use it on my food. I'm sure I'll like it.

YankeeBBQ
11-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I like to grind it into a fine powder and use it as a finishing seasoning. It gives a nice upfront heat as opposed to cayenne pepper that gives a nice back of the throat heat. It's all about balance.

Plowboy
11-26-2006, 01:42 PM
I like to grind it into a fine powder and use it as a finishing seasoning. It gives a nice upfront heat as opposed to cayenne pepper that gives a nice back of the throat heat. It's all about balance.

Cool idea.

drbbq
11-26-2006, 02:01 PM

So have you stocked up?

YankeeBBQ
11-26-2006, 02:09 PM
So have you stocked up?

No I haven't but I have a bet going with Scottie on the Pats/Bears Game. I'll have to make he sure gets me some when the Pats win.