PDA

View Full Version : What's the preferred method of storing/reheating leftover brisket?

Deebo
12-07-2015, 04:38 PM
After my brisket cook from Saturday, I was faced with a question of how to store and then reheat the leftovers. I ended up splitting the flat and the point and storing them in separate airtight Tupperware containers. On Sunday, I reheated the point wrapped in foil in the oven at 250 degrees. I read somewhere online that a good way to reheat brisket that maintains moisture is to put it in a plastic storage bag with as much air removed as possible (preferably a vacuum sealed bag) in a pot of boiling water so I tried that with the flat. They both turned out really good so I was happy about that. How do you all store and reheat brisket?

Dil950
12-07-2015, 04:46 PM
Easiest way for me is to just microwave a few slices 15 secs at a time with au jus on top and it seems to be decent enough. I've given brisket leftovers to quite a few people and they seem to love it.

But if I had a whole brisket, I've tried smoking it to 160ish and cooling it back down in ice. Then reheating up to tenderness wrapped in foil. Takes a few hours but pretty close to serving a fresh brisket

SteveKing
12-07-2015, 04:48 PM
I could only imagine sous vide is the best way to reheat brisket.

robinfresno
12-07-2015, 05:50 PM
vac-seal point and flat then reheat via sous-vide in 180f water; I found the meat cools too quick when reheated in cooler water

mchar69
12-07-2015, 06:10 PM
I vac-pack and throw the selected slices into hot water.
2 slices for a sammy, more for dinner -
I made some brisky chili that was pretty much the best
I've made - good use for leftovers.
I use the point for weekend sammies, and the flat for the chili.
Pick out the excess point fat and enjoy.

StellaBean
12-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I could only imagine sous vide is the best way to reheat brisket.

this. my husband still talks about his amazing brisket that was equally amazing reheated in the sous vide. We ended up selling that one as it was really pricey but since they've come down in price I might get him one for Christmas.

Wampus
12-07-2015, 08:13 PM
The best way to reheat ANY BBQ (IMHO) is to vacuum seal and put in hot water right out of the fridge or even freezer until hot.

Reheating in its own juices keeps it from drying out.
Just as good as right off the smoker.

smokerpa
12-07-2015, 08:15 PM
What's leftover brisket? Never heard of it. :heh:

Smoke on Badger Mountain
12-07-2015, 08:25 PM
The best way to reheat ANY BBQ (IMHO) is to vacuum seal and put in hot water right out of the fridge or even freezer until hot.

Reheating in its own juices keeps it from drying out.
Just as good as right off the smoker.

This is also my reheating method of choice. Buy, if I'm doing a lot in a hurry a veggie steamer works great. Fast and moist.

Bludawg
12-07-2015, 08:55 PM
I never slice more than I'm gonna eat so I store it in a big chunk in a rubber maid container. I reheat slices in the microwave 30 sec is about perfect.

Deebo
12-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Interesting. As much as I like new toys, I doubt I'll pick up a sous vide just to reheat brisket. I do, however, need a vacuum sealer anyway for storing venison so I may go that route.

robinfresno
12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
An immersion circulator is not JUST used to reheat brisket.

You can totally reheat pulled pork too.