PDA

View Full Version : Gonna build 2 vertical insulated smokers!

Ragtop Fern
12-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Ok, a few questions.

What information would be best? The blanket type or the rigid type?

Where can I find slam latches and ball values ( recommend )

Thanks.

Richard_
12-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Ball valves , Home Depot, lowes , Ace , just about any hardware home improvement store , or online

Ragtop Fern
12-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Ball valves , Home Depot, lowes , Ace , just about any hardware home improvement store , or online

I juuuust got home from Home Depot and they didn't have anything bigger than 1". I need 1 1/4 and 2"

Ribeye Republic
12-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Plumbing supply. McMaster Carr.

Ragtop Fern
12-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Plumbing supply. McMaster Carr.

I've been mostly looking at Mcmaster but just wanted to see what other options I had. I've seen a few good looking valves on amazon so might see what else I'd come up with.

Also what would be a good door seal? Grapho-glas rope in 1/2?

gun smoke
12-06-2015, 08:24 PM
I just finish a cabinet build and i pick most of the stuff up off ebay. the slam latches were $30 each and they work fine. they are the type that Humphreys and lone star use (mount on the side of the door) i picked a 2" ball valve up at ace for $60 and used 1200 deg. insulation that came in 2x4 sheets. not sure if this is the best way to go about it but it worked fine for me hope this helps.

Ragtop Fern
12-07-2015, 09:57 AM
I just finish a cabinet build and i pick most of the stuff up off ebay. the slam latches were $30 each and they work fine. they are the type that Humphreys and lone star use (mount on the side of the door) i picked a 2" ball valve up at ace for $60 and used 1200 deg. insulation that came in 2x4 sheets. not sure if this is the best way to go about it but it worked fine for me hope this helps.

You wouldn't happen to know which insulation you used did ya? Any pictures you could share?

gun smoke
12-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I used roxul but I have used ceramic fiber before both work fine. i'll try to put an album together tonite.

Ragtop Fern
12-07-2015, 04:58 PM
I used roxul but I have used ceramic fiber before both work fine. i'll try to put an album together tonite.

Ok, so I'm debating on using Flexible Fiberglass Insulation, Flexible ceramic insulation, or Very-High-Temperature*Mineral Wool Insulation from Mcmaster Carr. What do you guys think I should use?