PDA

View Full Version : Portable gas grill Christmas gift

food4thot
12-05-2015, 05:20 PM
One of my daughters recently moved into an apartment complex that allows gas grills, only. She wants something that is also portable for camping.

My last time with a gasser was a rotisserie cook on a Weber Genesis maybe 15 years ago.

Have done a little research. Weber and Char-Broil both look okay but would appreciate hearing experiences/suggestions.

Grain Belt
12-05-2015, 05:24 PM
The Weber Q series works well in my opinion. I use one on my pontoon boat in the summer.

Teleking
12-05-2015, 05:48 PM
I have a weber GO anywhere gasser that works pretty good.

KevinJ
12-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Gave my mother a Weber Q with a foldable rolling cart for Christmas a couple of years ago and she loves it.

Richard_
12-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Weber go anywhere or the weber Q are solid options

DouG M
12-05-2015, 09:11 PM
I have a portable Porta Chef BBQ by Broil King. Works great. You can sit on the table or has its own legs.Big enough to cook for a family or just two. I use it for camping plus at home when only doing a small cook.They are North American made not across the farking pond.

food4thot
12-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Thanks to all for suggestions.

Got a quick (got there 5 minutes before closing time) look at a Q 1200 and 2200 at a Weber Alliance Dealer this evening. Wasn't much of a look because they were both up on a shelf 8-9' off the floor but gave me an idea of the size difference. Think my daughter would prefer the 1200 because it's quite a bit smaller and would fit in her vehicle more easily. Will go to another dealer tomorrow for a better look.

A little concerned about the cooking area (189 sq-in) for home use though. Anyone with a 1000 Series Q? How many average size burgers, kabobs, or steaks can you put on it at one time?

Thinking about also buying the cart that fits the 1000 and 2000 series, mostly for home use. Any comments on its portability would be appreciated.

Also considering the Char Broil X200 and would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with them.

http://www.charbroil.com/products/portable-grills/gas/portable-grill2go-x200-grill

I don't trust online BBQ reviews from anywhere but here at the Brethren

mattmountz94
12-11-2015, 06:12 PM
I have the Weber q200 and love it. Actually stays in my camper all year long

crpngdth2001
12-11-2015, 06:27 PM
I had a Weber Q1200 for camping a few years ago. I would say you can cook easily for 2-3 people on it at once.

Happy Hapgood
12-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks to all for suggestions.

Got a quick (got there 5 minutes before closing time) look at a Q 1200 and 2200 at a Weber Alliance Dealer this evening. Wasn't much of a look because they were both up on a shelf 8-9' off the floor but gave me an idea of the size difference. Think my daughter would prefer the 1200 because it's quite a bit smaller and would fit in her vehicle more easily. Will go to another dealer tomorrow for a better look.

A little concerned about the cooking area (189 sq-in) for home use though. Anyone with a 1000 Series Q? How many average size burgers, kabobs, or steaks can you put on it at one time?

Thinking about also buying the cart that fits the 1000 and 2000 series, mostly for home use. Any comments on its portability would be appreciated.

Also considering the Char Broil X200 and would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with them.

http://www.charbroil.com/products/portable-grills/gas/portable-grill2go-x200-grill

I don't trust online BBQ reviews from anywhere but here at the Brethren

Limit your search to the Webers IMHO. Night and Day as far as quality vs Char-Broil. Also price the disposable propane bottles in the plumbing department of HD or Lowes. They are the long thin ones in the plumbing department. Half the price of the short fat ones used for the propane grills in the BBQ department. Same attachment.

Good Luck! :thumb: