PDA

View Full Version : Collegan Sheets

Fattom
11-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Does anyone have a source in the US for collagen sheets or wraps? I can find them overseas but the shipping is a bit expensive. Tom

IamMadMan
11-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Never used it.....

http://www.zip-net.com/Collagen.aspx

Fattom
11-29-2015, 07:23 AM
Thanks IamMadMan just what I was looking for. They however seem to only sell directly from their business and in large quantities. Thanks for the help. Tom

IamMadMan
11-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Thanks IamMadMan just what I was looking for. They however seem to only sell directly from their business and in large quantities. Thanks for the help. Tom

You can always contact them, maybe they can sell/direct you to smaller quantities. It doesn't hurt to ask, all you have could lose is a few moments of your time.

Fattom
12-01-2015, 12:22 PM
IamMadMan your advice paid off they were willing to sell me just 25 sheets. I also purchased their meat netting as it was on sale. They will sell small quantities to other members also. I would post the contact person but I don't know if that's allowed. Anyone can PM me if they would like the contact info. Tom

Thatgrimguy
12-01-2015, 01:47 PM
What's it's used for? I've never seen this.

IamMadMan
12-01-2015, 03:54 PM
IamMadMan your advice paid off they were willing to sell me just 25 sheets. I also purchased their meat netting as it was on sale. They will sell small quantities to other members also. I would post the contact person but I don't know if that's allowed. Anyone can PM me if they would like the contact info. Tom

Feel free to post the contact person in this thread, after all your are not selling anything, just providing a source for netting and collagen sheets.

I didn't want to say anything as I do not know their policy, but they have always sold me netting 5 rolls at a time. Wasn't sure on the collagen sheets so I just suggested to contact them.

Like I said, nothing to lose... Right?

Fattom
12-01-2015, 07:07 PM
IamMadMan they sold me 3 rolls of netting buy two get one free. Never thought they would accommodate me. They were wonderful to deal with. They will sell pretty much anything you want in what ever quantities you want; as usual the shipping isn't cheap for small quantities. Thatgrimguy the sheets are used when making cured meats. The sheets allow you to use irregular cuts and still get a good seal before netting or tying. You can use collagen casings or natural but the sheets work better with those irregular cuts. It's used mostly overseas for some reason. I use them for capicola, the coppa cut from a pork butt and other uses such as hams. There are numerous videos online for their usage. Tom