PDA

View Full Version : I want to build a Vertical Insulated Smoker. (BTW I'm new)

Ragtop Fern
11-26-2015, 01:13 AM
Hi.

I'm new to this forum and liked what I saw being that I am a bbqer myself. I've been doing some real basic backyard stuff with nothing fancy just old kettle grills and whatnot. But I decided that I'd like to step up to something more pro I guess so I want to build a insulated vert smoker. I was looking around and I came to see that it isn't as easy as I thought it would be, lol. It's actually kinda technical. I really liked the size and the way I saw the Safe smoker from Pitmaker so thought I'd model mine like it. By the way, what kinda smoker is the Safe? I just started learning about traditional, offset, and reverse flow. So any pointers?

cheez59
11-26-2015, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the BBQ Brethren. You have certainly come to the right place for all things BBQ.

dport7
11-26-2015, 04:47 AM
Welcome. what ever kind you decide to build, you'll have to run it several time to learn its traits, where it likes to run temp wise, how often you have to add fuel, and so on.
They are all safe to a point, I'm one that is constantly around mine when running,
so if there was a problem I'd be there to fix it.

Best to ya on your build, make sure to post up pics as you go along.

Ragtop Fern
11-26-2015, 08:10 AM
So far I'm leaning toward a vertical insulated smoker with a water pan. I just recently been looking around and reading up on various types of smokers that I never knew even existed, lol. I wanted to somewhat model my project like Pitmaker's Safe smoker. By the way what kind of smoker is the Safe? It's not reverse flow is it?