PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy charcoal online in bulk?

blazinfire
11-21-2015, 10:25 PM
So I ran out of my Kingsford charcoal today. Went to the only store within 30 mins that would have charcoal (walmart) The only charcoal they had was "Competition" Kingford which was 5 dollars more than a regular bag of charcoal! I refuse to pay the extra 5 bucks so I bought a bag of royal oak lump coal!

Looks like my resources for charcoal is thinning out due to the winter coming maybe? Does anyone know of good places to buy a good bit of charcoal online for cheap?

My next question is What is the difference between regular kingsford charcoal and their "competition" charcoal that makes it 5 dollars more for the same size bag?

BBQ Freak
11-21-2015, 10:51 PM
I have used the Competition Kingford before and it was almost equal to Stubbs but it you have a do it best store they have a great brand called chef select or something that is great but my local store went out of business and can not get it anymore .

IamMadMan
11-22-2015, 07:35 AM
BBQ Freak is right...

Go to https://www.doitbest.com/ and find a participating store near you.

Order it online and it is shipped to the store you select and you can pick it up within a few days and pay NO SHIPPING fees. The store will actually call when the items arrive.

At my store I can order Tuesday Night and pick-up my items on Thursday Morning. It all depends on the delivery day of the store you choose.

Other than that many Home Depot and Lowe's actually discount the remaining charcoal to make room for Christmas items, I bought a half pallet of coconut shell charcoal for $0.99 a bag, and 40 pound bags lump charcoal were $4.50 a bag last year. Looking for the drop in price after Thanksgiving when they discount all BBQ items in general.