PDA

View Full Version : East Tennessee BBQ Opinions?

Mikhail
11-18-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm working in the Tri-Cities area of eastern Tennessee for a couple months. There are quite a few BBQ joints down here, and I was wondering who thought what of them. I hear Ridgewood is good, but what else? Dixies in JC?

My tastes tend to run more to Texas BBQ - big smoke, brisket, sausages, chicken, ribs. I like pulled pork, but I find a lot of it is kind of teh same.

Ideas?

Harmony BBQ
11-18-2015, 05:45 PM
I have eaten at the Ridgewood and it is very good. It's been a few years but the place looked like it really never changes - worth the trip if you are in the area

gtr
11-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I've been to Ridgewood a couple times and loved it. Great place, nice folks, and I really enjoyed the food. The BBQ is a little different - kinda like shaved smoked hams, and, while I'm not normally a sauce guy, I didn't mind that they served their sammiches sauced. Watch out for the blue cheese dip - it's like crack and heroin put together, only better.

It's one of a few places I went a while back when visiting my home state - the great state of Tennessee!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193532

I don't know if it's still good - or even open - but for burgers and diner food the Blue Circle in Bristol is/was fantastic. And cheap.