PDA

View Full Version : Another first brisket

BryanL
10-24-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm new to the site and have learned a lot from reading through a ton of posts here. So today I'm gonna try my hand at a brisket flat, just wondering how long it may take this 6.8 lb brisket cooked on an offset smoker @ 225-250 to get ready? Thanks for any info!

TexArlina BBQ
10-24-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm new to the site and have learned a lot from reading through a ton of posts here. So today I'm gonna try my hand at a brisket flat, just wondering how long it may take this 6.8 lb brisket cooked on an offset smoker @ 225-250 to get ready? Thanks for any info!

From my experience, it'll take a while.....it'll be done when it's done. What I have done numerous times (maybe no one will kick me off the site for saying this) is put it on the smoker and let it catch smoke until I'm tired and ready for bed. Then pan it, wrap tightly with foil, and throw it in the oven over night on 225. Your house will smell amazing the next morning and that briskie will be delicious. They've always had plenty of smoke flavor and a nice smoke ring with 3-4 hours on the stick burner. Again, not your traditional cook, but if your cooking for the family and it's not a comp then no reason to stay up all night unless you just wanna drink some beers!:cool:

Jason TQ
10-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Have fun. Maybe 8-10hrs at that temp.

smokingkettle
10-24-2015, 08:53 AM
From my experience, it'll take a while.....it'll be done when it's done. What I have done numerous times (maybe no one will kick me off the site for saying this) is put it on the smoker and let it catch smoke until I'm tired and ready for bed. Then pan it, wrap tightly with foil, and throw it in the oven over night on 225. Your house will smell amazing the next morning and that briskie will be delicious. They've always had plenty of smoke flavor and a nice smoke ring with 3-4 hours on the stick burner. Again, not your traditional cook, but if your cooking for the family and it's not a comp then no reason to stay up all night unless you just wanna drink some beers!:cool:

Some people say this is cheating but once you're done smoking, your cooker then becomes an oven basically. I like to keep it in the cooker myself, but I'm sure this way tastes awesome as well.

BryanL
10-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks, it went on @ 10:15 this morning, I will posts the results when it's finished. Smoking with pecan wood and put salt, pepper and granulated garlic on it.

Ron_L
10-24-2015, 10:55 AM
At those temps you're looking at roughly 75-90 minutes per pound, but cook it until it is probe tender. Every piece of meat is unique so you can't go by time or temp alone.