PDA

View Full Version : Heatermeter help

smokin30-06
10-14-2015, 01:47 PM
I screwed up. I bought all the individual parts for the heatermeter. Since there were so many packages for the individual capacitors etc, my dumb self thought I would safe myself some time by emptying all of those packages.:mad2::doh::tsk:
Now I have a box full of capacitors and diodes that are difficult to identify. I WAS all gung ho about doing this myself, but now that I have a hard time identifying all these pieces, I want to hand this off to someone that has an example to match the parts off of. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in assembling one?
I have all the electrical components, 2x HeaterMeter v4.2 BROKEN PCB (you cut a trace to fix them. Done.), 1x HeaterMeter v4.2 Circuit Board Only, Wifi, memory card, non-thermocouple probe connectors. I lack a case and probes (may use Maverick probes).
Thanks,
John

pjtexas1
10-14-2015, 01:57 PM
PM Theboz1419. he built mine as well as helping me thru so self inflicted issues i had. nice guy. I am sure he can help. He can get a case and the maverick probes will work.

CakeM1x
10-14-2015, 02:21 PM
They are all labeled so you should still be able to identify them. I laid mine out on the ID sheet and I still double checked before soldering in each piece.Why don't you want to do that?

smokin30-06
10-14-2015, 02:32 PM
They are all labeled so you should still be able to identify them. I laid mine out on the ID sheet and I still double checked before soldering in each piece.Why don't you want to do that?

Simply put, I am a dumbass and wasn't thinking it through. I knew you could lookup the color codes on resistors, but it is hard to confidently ID the colors. I don't want to turn all these parts into a non-functional learning experience.

smokin30-06
10-14-2015, 02:33 PM
PM Theboz1419. he built mine as well as helping me thru so self inflicted issues i had. nice guy. I am sure he can help. He can get a case and the maverick probes will work.

Will do, thanks!

Theboz1419
10-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Pm sent.