PDA

View Full Version : Brisket prices in Canada

Petee_c
10-13-2015, 10:21 PM
What's the street price for brisket for the average Joe in Ontario Canada? I'm in Waterloo.

I haven't done a brisket ever before, and afraid this could be a costly experiment.

Also is it possible to split a brisket lengthwise? I might be able to find someone locally to split one with me. So that each of us gets part of the point and flat?

Peter

DetTigersFan
10-14-2015, 12:22 AM
No clue what the prices would be like in Canada, but I've seen someone on here post a cook thread with pictures of a brisket split lengthwise down the middle. I've never done it myself, but it's definitely possible to cook one that way. Maybe someone will chime in and remember who posted that cook...

bosco0633
10-14-2015, 05:35 AM
they sell just down the road from you in Hamilton at Highland packers for a cheap price. Last year I was getting them for 11.99 a Lb. This year I picked up a bunch for 4.99 a LB!!

Highland packers is a great place to shop if you want to make the journey in. They have various sizes so you can get a bit smaller if you like

Petee_c
10-14-2015, 07:46 AM
Thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for the thread about lengthwise brisket.

Don't know if I'll have time to head down to Hamilton. Busy with both kids at the the rink. I appreciate finding out about prices though.

Big Country BBQ
10-14-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm in SK on a hunt we picked up a brisket for 7$ a lb

MKITGO2
10-17-2015, 08:43 AM
bosco,

looking at the Highland packers website, are you going to the actual packing and distribution site, or the Highland Country Market ?

I'm out in Dundas, so might swing out there to see what looks good...

MK

Eddiecalder
10-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Whenever invo to buy a brisket in Canada (Vancouver) i end up getting prime rib for about $1/lb more. $8/lb for brisket is just too much money.