PDA

View Full Version : Need help to choose a new smoker

jk1975
10-13-2015, 01:58 AM
Hello to everyone

i am new to the forum i leave in Europe (Cyprus), i own a restaurant and i am ready to buy a new smoker to help me save some time.

I would like to have your opinion and help me to get the final decision.

I decide that i will go for a vertical smoker and i am looking for something that will not need "babysitting" because i really don't have the time to be 8-10 hours next to the smoker.

After a serious (in my opinion) research my short list is the following:

1. PITMAKER VAULT, 3500 USD
2. CONTENDER PITSBYJJ 3050 USD
3. INSULATED CABINET SMOKER (LONE STAR GRILLZ) 2595 USD
4. SUPERIOR SMOKER SS1 3150 USD
5. ASSASSIN28 (ASSASSIN SMOKERS) 3300 USD

I also like MYRON MIXON "V33" (5000 usd), Stumps vertical smoker "the classic" (4520 usd) and Spicewine "Large" (4000 usd) but those 3 models are expensive comparing with the above 5.

I would like to here also if you believe that gravity feed smokers are better from normal vertical insulated smokers. The first 3 models from my list are vertical insulated smokers and the last 2 are vertical gravity feed smokers.

I am looking for a model to make my life easier ("set it and forget it")

I will wait your comments (help).

thanks in advance

IamMadMan
10-13-2015, 06:24 AM
You should really do more research to see which one fits your needs.

We can all give you suggestions and recommendations, but these will be based on our experiences that have fit our needs. We do not fully know what your needs or expectations are.

dwfisk
10-13-2015, 06:47 AM
In your price range and for the set-it-and-forget-it style, you really should give Humphreys a serious look.

http://www.humphreysbbq.com/smokers/

They offer well made insulated cabinets, gravity feed insulated cabinets and even a pellet option, all in a variety of sizes.

BBQ_MAFIA
10-13-2015, 05:56 PM
All your selections are great. I have a Large Spicewine and can tell you that it is a top notch cooker that is built to last several lifetimes. Spicewine cookers are completely welded and heavy duty cookers.

Before you buy anything you should call the manufacturers and discuss your needs and their cookers. I know they will all be willing to help you out and tell you about their products. Jay Curry is the owner of Spicewine Iron Works and a long time member of this board. Give him a call or send him a message with your questions. (Google Spicewine Ironworks for an email address or phone number. You can also leave him a PM on this board.

Attached are a few photos of my Spicewine Cooker. The photo's on the Spicewine web site really don't show off the cooker that well so mine may give you a better perspective on the cooker.

Good luck with your choice