PDA

View Full Version : Grilled salmon, fried shrimp etc

cheez59
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM
I wanted grilled salmon and the wife wanted fried Gulf shrimp. Solution, do both. Fired up the gasser for the salmon. Just a little EVOO, sea salt a fresh cracked pepper. Grilled to 125 and threw it in the oven while I fried the shrimp. Oh yeah we had some grilled asparagus along with it. I peeled, deveined and butterflied the shrimp. Then soaked them in milk with a little Louisiana shrimp boil mixed in. Shook the shrimp up in some Lakeside seasoned breading and fried em up. Not bad for a quick throw together. Scratched a bad itch to cook something in the process.

cheez59
10-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Plated up with a little home made cocktail sauce and more lemons. A little of Wisconsin brew to wash it down.

Happy Hapgood
10-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Looks like you nailed it Sir!

cheez59
10-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Looks like you nailed it Sir!

Thanks Toast. First time cooking salmon on the grill. It was flaky tender and very moist. I'll be doing this one again.

SGH
10-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Brother fried shrimp is one of my very favorites. I could eat them everyday. Great looking grub for sure:thumb:

cowgirl
10-12-2015, 08:01 PM
I don't know which I'd dive into first. Both the salmon and shrimp look delicious!!
I like the sound of your milk, shrimp boil soak, I'll give that a try. Thanks so much for the post!!

SGH
10-12-2015, 08:08 PM
I peeled, deveined and butterflied the shrimp. Then soaked them in milk

I do the same thing with the milk. I soak all fish (fresh and saltwater) and seafood in it. I even soak wild rabbits in milk. I bought a brineing bucket that works like a charm for this. Its actually called "The Briner". So far i have been real pleased with it. Here is some snapper and soft shell crabs in the Briner soaking in milk.