PDA

View Full Version : Day Trip

cueball21
10-10-2015, 10:02 PM
This morning started off with an Autumn Market at the local winery and apiary. We enjoyed a very pleasant if unseasonably warm morning chatting with vendors and doing a wine tasting. It got to be afternoon and we had not had lunch. I looked a the food trucks/trailers at the market and didn't see any brisket to tempt me.

Then it hit me!

I'm only about 40 minutes away from Louis Mueller's Barbecue in Taylor, TX. It is the one old-time, very famous Texas barbecue restaurant in our area that I had not tried.

Got to Mueller's about 2:00 and ordered a half-rack of baby backs and an original sausage made from Prime Angus beef. A side of coleslaw, pickles and onions, loaf bread, sweet tea, and banana pudding.

Watched Univ. of Texas close the Red River Shoot Out with a win over the University of Oklahoma. Finished lunch and had a nice leisurely drive back home.

Couldn't ask for a better Saturday unless I were cooking myself.

smokerpa
10-10-2015, 10:05 PM
You get Mueller's as an option. I'm stuck with Stuckies BBQ. I tried once and never went back. I can't imagine how lucky you guys are to have so many choices.

I wasn't hungry, but after reading your lunch menu I am. Somehow I don't think chips will satisfy my appetite while I'm thinking about what you had.

cueball21
10-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but I'm not on my way to Tuscaloosa to meet Paul and the gang!

smokerpa
10-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but I'm not on my way to Tuscaloosa to meet Paul and the gang!

Touche.

I have no comeback on that. This will be "A" moment in my life. Like my marriage, kids and other life achievements. I'm suppose to be sleeping so when I get up at four I'm ready, but that isn't happening.

But from a food standpoint, Mueller's must be a hard life.