PDA

View Full Version : Mojobricks

bigticket1
10-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Saw these mentioned in one of the pellet grill threads as a way to add supplemental smoke. Found their website and they sound interesting. Anyone have any experience with these ?

bbqwizard
10-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I use them exclusively! They are VERY clean burning and consistent every time.

ITBFQ
10-07-2015, 09:50 AM
I have cooked on a pellet grill exactly three times in my life, so my experience is very limited. The first time was practice for a contest where the pellet smoker was provided - we had to cook on it - and I thought the smoke flavor was too subtle. The second and third times I did, I used half of a cherry Mojobrick on the unfamiliar pellet cooker in the contest (where Myron Mixon was one of the judges) and won it. I placed the Mojobrick right on the diffuser plate directly above the heat source. There are many other competitors out there that use Mojobricks in combination with their pellet cookers.

bigticket1
10-07-2015, 09:56 AM
I have cooked on a pellet grill exactly three times in my life, so my experience is very limited. The first time was practice for a contest where the pellet smoker was provided - we had to cook on it - and I thought the smoke flavor was too subtle. The second and third times I did, I used half of a cherry Mojobrick on the unfamiliar pellet cooker in the contest (where Myron Mixon was one of the judges) and won it. I placed the Mojobrick right on the diffuser plate directly above the heat source. There are many other competitors out there that use Mojobricks in combination with their pellet cookers.

On the website they state you often don't see visible smoke when using them. Did you see smoke when you used them ?

ITBFQ
10-07-2015, 09:59 AM
On the website they state you often don't see visible smoke when using them. Did you see smoke when you used them ?

Very little. But the best tasting smoke is the smoke that you barely see.

K-Train
10-07-2015, 10:09 AM
They are awesome.

swamprb
10-07-2015, 10:11 AM
You need them!

gtr
10-07-2015, 10:14 AM
I've used 'em in the UDS, WSM, and kettles and I really like them.

DUBBAGA
10-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Use them a lot and they are great. Fred is a member here, if you have any questions, I'm sure he would love to help out http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/member.php?u=9525

Hog1990
10-07-2015, 02:59 PM
I have started using them in my drum smokers instead of chunks. I think they work great. I use the competition blend which is mainly pecan.

Ol'Joe
10-07-2015, 04:31 PM
After reading this post, ordered two sizes of the competition and one bag of apple, I'll be using them in my Smokin-it #2 elec smoker, the wood chunks burn up way too fast, maybe these will help and give more flavor.

PiraSea
10-08-2015, 10:22 AM
How do these compare to the A-Maze-N tubes?