PDA

View Full Version : What is "Fab B Lite"?

Trailer Trash
10-07-2015, 12:18 AM
I was going through some past threads on different discussion topics and ran across some mention of a product called "Fab B Lite". Interestingly, most discussion seems to end around 2007 (before I joined the Brethren). What is it? Was it a fad? Why is there no mention in later years? Thanks for any help.

RoyBQ
10-07-2015, 12:41 AM
http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm

DetTigersFan
10-07-2015, 12:51 AM
That is something really nice about this place... No matter what question you have someone always chimes in with a proper answer or opinion quickly.

Trailer Trash
10-07-2015, 09:34 PM
http://www.theingredientstore.com/fab/index.htm

Thanks, so it appears to be a concoction that can be injected to add a concentrated beef flavor. Still not sure why it's not discussed in the brisket and Chuck roast threads since then. Has it been agreed that it doesn't produce great results??? Anyone use it?

Ag76
10-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks, so it appears to be a concoction that can be injected to add a concentrated beef flavor. Still not sure why it's not discussed in the brisket and Chuck roast threads since then. Has it been agreed that it doesn't produce great results??? Anyone use it?

My understanding is that it contains phosphates which allegedly cause meat to retain moisture. Not sure about the concentrated beef flavor - my gut feeling would be to say bull-sxxx. I have not used it, so obviously I cannot say if it lives up to its claims.

Trailer Trash
10-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Ag76, I guess that's why I question it. Seemed like there was a big slash on the product 8 years ago and then any mention of it just disappeared... Thank you

SGH
10-08-2015, 02:03 AM
Back in the 70's there was a soap named Fab. Hope its not the same stuff:tsk:

Yendor
10-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Is it MSG based? If that is the case that may be why it was abandoned.

aawa
10-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Fab B is a beef injection that has phosphates a direct competitor to it is Butchers BBQ Premium beef injection. It probably hasn't been mentioned much lately because people might have switched over to Butchers BBQ injection for their briskets etc.