PDA

View Full Version : Barely enough time to post.

Daggs
10-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Hey everyone it's been a while for me both here and at the smoker. I've recently added 2 boys to the family and taken on a new position at work that requires more time then I'd like to admit. That being said I don't have time to smoke anything in the 3-4 days a month I have off. Having 2 UDS's that have been ruined from lack of attention I went out and got an 18.5" WSM. I really want to get back to the delicious foods I was making.

Bottom line in wondering how the cyber Q has worked out for anyone who has used it and anything I should need to know before I break in the new WSM!

Thanks again to the best smoke with out the mirror forum out there.

landarc
10-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Good to see you, will let others answer about the CyberQ

Ron_L
10-06-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm happy with my CyberQ Wifi. It took a couple of software releases to get it stable, but the last two releases have been fine.

No need to do anything to a WSM to break it in! Just cook! It will run a little hotter until it gets a patina built up inside.

Mrfish
10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
I don't own a WSM anymore but use the CyberQ on my Rebel and it has worked flawlessly. Love being able to see what is going on via the iphone and make adjustments if needed. Holds the temps within 2 degrees for the most part.

Daggs
10-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Happy to hear positive feedback. I've heard a lot about the heat shield/deflector in wsm's is it a must or just run it like the UDS without?

PatAttack
10-06-2015, 04:53 PM
I usually just double foil mine (water pan) and run it dry.

You'll be happy with your set-up.

I have the PartyQ and it works like a champ for me.

yakdung
10-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Happy to hear positive feedback. I've heard a lot about the heat shield/deflector in wsm's is it a must or just run it like the UDS without?

I run a foiled water pan without water, with a foiled Terra-cotta saucer that sits in the water pan. Works great.

Daggs
10-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Can I not use a water pan or heat deflector like I was with my uds? I see most people use one or both, that's why I'm confused. Thanks