PDA

View Full Version : Almost Bought Another Smoker

Exocet
10-04-2015, 06:33 PM
I was heading down a back road yesterday when I spotted a bullet smoker at the end of a driveway that was for sale for $35. I made a quick stop to take a look, hoping for a WSM. Turned out to be a Brinkmann. It was in good shape. It had been pressure washed, so it was very clean.

I decided to pass on it. I figured it would be the start down a slippery slope.

Trailer Trash
10-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Very good Exo' We can learn from you. What happened? Was it an actual "choice" not to succumb to the forces? Was it lack of $35 in your pocket?.. Banks are everywhere for instant withdrawals...
Did your spouse just put their foot down about "ABSOLUTELY NO MORE COOKERS"? You could have hidden it until the right time to tell about it after all bullets are not huge. I'm interested because I could not have walked away and need to understand how. I'm proud of your decision. Please help. :)

Exocet
10-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Actually, it was more like it's something else I have to find a place for. I have enough stuff as it is. Though, the extra smoker capacity would be nice, just in case! :rolleyes: My wife did give me the "why would you need another smoker?" She would never understand.

I had the cash and plenty of room in the back of my car. If it had been a WSM, like I had hoped for, I would've gotten rid of something for it.

WildeMan
10-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Which Brinkmann was it? Some of them are ok, but some wouldn't be worth the $35 brand new.

Smoke on Badger Mountain
10-06-2015, 01:10 AM
Stay strong!

Diesel Dave
10-06-2015, 03:28 AM
You can never have too many cookers, but sometimes you have to pass on one I guess

itschris
10-06-2015, 09:45 AM
When I joined here years ago... I had a small gasser and had just bought a heavy duty Brinkman Cimarron. I read of all you guys having all these grills and smokers and I thought "what in the world"

Now.. I still got the original Brinkmann offset... two kettles... a big Weber gasser... and two Stumps. And yet... I still find myself looking at new smokers and checking Craigslist now and then.

Robin Squires
10-06-2015, 11:30 AM
good self control lol :)

Exocet
10-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Which Brinkmann was it? Some of them are ok, but some wouldn't be worth the $35 brand new.

It looks like it was this one:

http://www.brinkmann.net/outdoor_cooking/outdoor_cooking/charcoal_smokers_and_grills/details.aspx?item=852-7080-E

Rusty Kettle
10-06-2015, 09:54 PM
El Cheapo Brinkmann!

Without mods that thing is supposed to be terrible. Although, with mods some guys really love them. Find a good used WSM. I think for bullet smokers you will be much happier.

I like the 14.5" WSM the best.

SmokeHouse Blues
10-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Good thing you passed.