PDA

View Full Version : beef ribs help

grillmastertez
09-23-2015, 06:27 PM
hey guys i wanted to get some feedback on beef ribs. Does anyone in here smoke them very often and if so what are some tips in doing them? Ive heard they are very hard to get really tender. Can you 3,2,1 method them? Im planning on doing some this weekend and I'd appreciate and help and tips you guys could give me. Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAJ
09-23-2015, 06:35 PM
I treat them like brisket on a stick. I cook them 230 - 250, uncovered. Just cook till probe tender.

PatAttack
09-23-2015, 06:37 PM
The only way I cook them is until they are probe tender. No wrapping.

I run my cooker a little hotter at 275°. They just get done a little faster.

Jason TQ
09-23-2015, 07:10 PM
I've cooked them with wrapping in the last hour or so and works great, but you don't have to wrap of course. A 3-2-1 method would work depending on temp, but definitely can work.

SGH
09-23-2015, 07:47 PM
For beef back ribs i like to cook them raised direct at 275 and flip them every so often. The end result is akin to ribeye on a stick.
For plate ribs i like to run indirect between 275-285 until probe tender between the bones. Dont even worry about the internal temp, just keep cooking them until they probe very easily between the bones. Its a personal choice, but i prefer oak, pecan or a mixture of both for all beef ribs.

Shagdog
09-23-2015, 08:26 PM
These guys got it right... Just smoke uncovered till a probe or skewer slides into the meat with little to no resistance. I cook em around 300, but you can use whatever temp you are comfortable at. The lower the temp, the longer it will take. I have no idea what the finishing temp of the meat would be, never checked em.. Probably somewhere around 200ish..