PDA

View Full Version : I have a BBQ Addiction

Qbert60
09-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Hello fellow Brethern.

My name is "Skippy" and I am a smoker hoarder. I am never happy with what I have and always want more. I started my smoking adventure with 2 UDS's. I competed in my first competition and was hooked. Since then I have purchased a large offset, made 3 more drums, went to Georgia and picked up an ABS rotisserie, and bought a 7x16 enclosed trailer. I have a MMS 48 clone being built and I just secured a Backwoods Fatboy.

Do I have a problem? I am starting to run out of room!

OH and I picked up a La Caja China. Lord help me!

daninnewjersey
09-17-2015, 08:03 AM
Sounds par for the course.....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Q Junkie
09-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Sorry Skippy, this is the place to feed your addiction. No atonement necessary here.

Diesel Dave
09-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Nah it's not an addiction, it's just a hobby that you enjoy ALOT

pjtexas1
09-17-2015, 09:02 AM
You'll eventually find that one cooker and it will slow down.

cheez59
09-17-2015, 09:08 AM
You'll eventually find that one cooker and it will slow down.
This seems to be a recurring theme from Shirley owners. Maybe we should all just start out with a Shirley and be done with it. :becky:

pjtexas1
09-17-2015, 09:52 AM
This seems to be a recurring theme from Shirley owners. Maybe we should all just start out with a Shirley and be done with it. :becky:

Never thought about it like that. I could have saved a lot of time and money if I had bought the Shirley first. But it sure was fun trying all those different cookers.

SmokinJohn
09-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Hello fellow Brethern.

My name is "Skippy" and I am a smoker hoarder. I am never happy with what I have and always want more. I started my smoking adventure with 2 UDS's. I competed in my first competition and was hooked. Since then I have purchased a large offset, made 3 more drums, went to Georgia and picked up an ABS rotisserie, and bought a 7x16 enclosed trailer. I have a MMS 48 clone being built and I just secured a Backwoods Fatboy.

Do I have a problem? I am starting to run out of room!

OH and I picked up a La Caja China. Lord help me!

Skippy,

You have a problem. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I can help you. Send me a PM and I will give you my address. You will send me that caja china and the drums. You will feel much better after you do.

BIL'S BBQ
09-17-2015, 12:38 PM
youre in good company skippy... we all have a smoking problem!

im early in my addiction... i need one of every type of smoker; i have an offset, pellet popper, drum/kettle... Im currently researching kamados

and now, !THANKS TO YOU!, im looking into la caja china!

Joe Black
09-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Are you the same Skippy whose wife was looking for a good divorce lawyer?

Phubar
09-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Automatic Brake System on your rotisserie..sweet!

Titch
09-17-2015, 08:02 PM
I got that Phu.:thumb:
Hey Skip
You don't have a problem, just move to a house with a really big yard.
that fixes most stuff.
the lovely want complain if it don't look cluttered.

Jeff H
09-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Like starting a thread in a gun forum asking if you have too many guns. :roll:

Of course not. Buy as much as you can afford. :twisted:

Smoke on Badger Mountain
09-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Skippy, The only problem you seem to have is a "space" problem. You always need more smokers

Papa Don
09-18-2015, 02:37 AM
I feel your pain. That's why we hang out here on this forum.
BBQ people are just good people, period.
Show us your enclosed trailer, that's very cool.

Qbert60
09-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Well, yes the lovely wife would love to park her new car in the garage, but then again, she has every other room in the house.

The Caja China is AWESOME! 60lb. hog took about 5 hours. it came out great.

Phu, I wish that was the case.

I have a yard, but it has a big pool in it too. Another money pit.

Forgot to mention that I just got my first Kettle too. It's a damn fine hobby to have. Well, I think I could sleep in the offset if I had too.

bbqwizard
09-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Back in the day (about 12 years ago..lol) when I lioved in MI, I built a patio just to hold all of the different types of cookers i had. When people would ask why I needed so many I would simply respond my telling them that they are so many reason to have many different types of cookers. The take away? Some on brother! and enjoy them all, no matter how many you may end up with. I wish I had all of them today:/

Rusty Kettle
09-19-2015, 06:46 AM
I just built a deck to put all my smokers and grills on. My wife doesn't like them lined up on the sidewalk. I still am in the process of moving them to the new back porch. I have to get a large grill mat or two to protect the new porch.

Its only an addiction if you ever keep a smoker in the master bedroom. My Traeger was housed in my bedroom for a few months after I bought it, while not in use. My wife was NOT happy at all.