PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say...........

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Thank You Brethren!! Through out the past 2 months I have used this site exclusively for help and information! Everyone I've ran into has had nothing but nice and helpful tips towards everybody here!

Thank you for making me go broke! Just bought a 300 dollar smoker, I join this site you guys instantly made me wanna buy a Black stone griddle, which i did! Which I absolutely love!

Until this morning I realized I have something special now! I made pulled pork Sunday, well I still had enough left over for a sandwich this morning, I fired up the black stone I cooked some bacon for the family, I warmed up the Pulled pork from Sunday, Stacked it on top of a sandwich with an Overeasy Egg cooked on the black stone, topped with my Home made hot pepper mustard. Had to be the best breakfast ever!!!! (Sorry no pics)

As the person that cooks daily for my house hold I was getting rather burnt out on cooking in general. This place has opened up so many different possibilities for me as a cook, And its making it Fun again!

Thanks everyone that is Involved with this site! Hope this was the proper place for this forum! I don't have any "special" recipe's to share or anything like that So I thought I could at least give you guys a Thanks!! :clap2:

Thanks for the friendly/helpful environment!

Wampus
09-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the addiction!

aawa
09-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Even though this site is supposed to be about bbq, there are so many creative cooks here. So many people that you can draw inspiration from in any aspect of live fire/outdoor cooking. There is a reason why I have visited this site daily since I found it in 2012.

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Even though this site is supposed to be about bbq, there are so many creative cooks here. So many people that you can draw inspiration from in any aspect of live fire/outdoor cooking. There is a reason why I have visited this site daily since I found it in 2012.

I like how the forum is suppose to be about BBQ but I'm glad it allows you to show more creative/different cooks as well! Maybe its time to change it to something else other than Q-talk :D just kiddin

code3rrt
09-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the club Blazin!

You'll love the culture here, similar to a family in many ways. For the most part, everybody is more than willing to jump in and help where they can. On rare occasions it may get a little tense, but doesn't usually happen in Q-talk.

Look forward to seeing your cooks, and eventually YOU'LL be the one giving the advice and tips to the newcomers:-D.

As for the money..................get used to it:-o:shock::roll:. Every time I think I have all I could possibly want or need, somebody around here shows off the latest "must have", "can't live without" tool or gadget, it's always something:-D.

KC

daninnewjersey
09-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Wait till you see how much you're cooking in the coming months......

oldbill
09-08-2015, 09:08 AM
It's good to hear that you were helped and that you enjoy the forum!:wink:
Thank YOU for the positive post, it's a nice way to start the day!:thumb:

aawa
09-08-2015, 09:15 AM

This right here is the truth!

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 09:19 AM

In the coming months we will see winter. Don't see a lot of snow, but we do get covered. I'll be the guy bundled up in 3 different layers of clothes with smoke rolling from the smoker (Gonna be fun seeing how things run during winter) ,

I already considered building a pavilion type roof for the winter time! I'm just now getting the hang of how my smoker runs, So I'm sure Its gonna be loaded from time to time :thumb:

jbounds286
09-08-2015, 09:20 AM
you are so welcome for all of the great info i have provided :laugh:

oldbill
09-08-2015, 09:24 AM
you are so welcome for all of the great info i have provided :laugh:LOL! Man this place might get a little boring if you weren't around!:thumb:

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 09:31 AM
A for the money..................get used to it:-o:shock::roll:. Every time I think I have all I could possibly want or need, somebody around here shows off the latest "must have", "can't live without" tool or gadget, it's always something:-D.

KC

Yeah, Well If I ever hit the lottery I already figured out I want a Yoder YS1500. Seen it on a recent post. That thing looks pretty awesome! Already have a dream smoker :thumb:

pjtexas1
09-08-2015, 10:05 AM
glad to hear you are enjoying your time here. lots of great people that just seem like old friends.

cowgirl
09-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Glad you found the forum, you've been a great addition!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you cook on that Blackstone. :-D

In the 8 years I've been here, Qtalk isn't limited to smoking...
Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general,

All outdoor cookin' is shared here. One of the reasons the Brethren forum is the best. :thumb:

landarc
09-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the post, it's always nice to hear back that all of the feedback was helpful.

pjtexas1
09-08-2015, 12:38 PM
LOL! Man this place might get a little boring if you weren't around!:thumb:

Brethren rule #86, Addendum A....strictly prohibits the encouragement of the village idiot.:laugh:

1st warning.:wink:

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 01:09 PM

Trying to think of something interesting to cook on the black stone for you guys! Did breakfast, Mushroom & Swiss burgers, now its time to get creative!

daninnewjersey
09-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Did breakfast, Mushroom & Swiss burgers, now its time to get creative!

If you need ideas, I'm partial to chocolate chip Mickey Mouse pancakes......

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 01:36 PM
If you need ideas, I'm partial to chocolate chip Mickey Mouse pancakes......

Haha, that totally crossed my mind!

jbounds286
09-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Brethren rule #86, Addendum A....strictly prohibits the encouragement of the village idiot.:laugh:

1st warning.:wink:

pj dont act like u wouldnt be sad if i wasnt around :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fwismoker
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Welcome, and as you can tell not all of us agree all the time but hopefully you can sift through the noise and get some useful info!

Big George's BBQ
09-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Ah another one has joined us Welcome

Diesel Dave
09-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Thank you for making me go broke! Just bought a 300 dollar smoker, I join this site you guys instantly made me wanna buy a Black stone griddle, which i did! Which I absolutely love!

Well you've caught the disease :tsk:

This addiction will cost you waaayyyyyy more than you can dream

GET HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first step is admitting you have a problem.....................................

Then go build a UDS :pound:

Fwismoker
09-08-2015, 02:59 PM

Just step away from the big beast and get it built with that spankin new drum you have! lol

Diesel Dave
09-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Great there goes the surprise :tsk:

Fwismoker
09-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Great there goes the surprise :tsk: :shocked:

I promise to still act surprised! I like ND colors or the interlocking ND would be good.

blazinfire
09-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Well I was just thinking of something clever to say to bump this thread along, Just so enough people see's my message :D well I'm all out of clever things to say so HI! lol

smokingkettle
09-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Yeah. A Blackstone is in my future, thanks to this site.

btcg
09-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Blazin,

Love reading these type posts. Of course, leaving out the mods, with Cowgirl & Landarc, the very best pit masters seem to be represented here.

Enjoy, and remember the words of Gandalf:

"Those who labor for the feast keep their secrets... surprise makes the words of praise louder."

Bludawg
09-09-2015, 12:03 AM
You don't need to spend a fortune on equipment to make great BBQ it aint the pit & gizmos but the pitmaster!:thumb:This is the best place on the net I have learned much here, most of it I disregard until something goes wrong then I can spread the blame around. Today it's your turn in the barrel Blazin I ran out the shinny stuff & broke my thermometer :heh: :razz:

blazinfire
09-09-2015, 08:13 AM
You don't need to spend a fortune on equipment to make great BBQ it aint the pit & gizmos but the pitmaster!:thumb:This is the best place on the net I have learned much here, most of it I disregard until something goes wrong then I can spread the blame around. Today it's your turn in the barrel Blazin I ran out the shinny stuff & broke my thermometer :heh: :razz:

After all the nice things I said?!!! Shoot man I would of just blamed Diesel Dave instead. He seems like an easier target than me HAHA!!!! :thumb:

but anyways, I agree with you not having to spend a fortune on equipment. I got my money's worth on the brinkmann trailmaster. Been cooking some awesome grub on it.

Just showing ya guys some appreciation for the help you guys gave me.

Trying to find a way to afford another brisket. Been dying to try that again and try not to get roast beef out of it :D Still great as roast beef, I'm unfreezing a pack right now as we speak!

Diesel Dave
09-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Some days I feel there is a target on my back.

But with all the folks here being the kind folks they are, they don't shoot me in the back while I'm running away :bolt:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Skip
09-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Ah another one has joined us Welcome

George! it's Welocme. :heh::heh:

Skip
09-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Well you've caught the disease :tsk:

This addiction will cost you waaayyyyyy more than you can dream

GET HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first step is admitting you have a problem.....................................

As the wife would say...There is no 12 step program for BBQ.

cats49er
09-09-2015, 03:45 PM

In the 8 years I've been here, Qtalk isn't limited to smoking...

All outdoor cookin' is shared here. One of the reasons the Brethren forum is the best. :thumb:

You gotta have sides,you can't just eat whole hog by itself. We got to talk about them beans ,corn bread,slaw, and such.

blazinfire
09-09-2015, 04:02 PM
You gotta have sides,you can't just eat whole hog by itself. We got to talk about them beans ,corn bread,slaw, and such.

Haha, well I'd forget about the sides when it was time to eat the hog :D