PDA

View Full Version : Best Pizza Setup for Primo XL

2drunk2Q
09-03-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm going to try and cook some pizzas on my XL over the holiday. Was wondering if any members have a go to method for setting up their Primo for pizza? I've got all the accessories and I've also got a couple of firebricks. Thanks for any help or pics.

mjpmap
09-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Its really easy. You wont need brick at all. Just pick up a decent quality ceramic stone and a pizza peel. Make sure you put the stone on the grate right after you start your fire and before it gets hot. Run your temp up over 500 before putting your raw pizza on. I dust the stone with corn meal to keep it from sticking. No more than 10 to 12 minutes (I turn it once midway) and you have your pizza.

mjpmap
09-03-2015, 01:19 PM
you'll notice the pan on top of the stone. I screwed up and made the pie too big to get it off so just cooked it as is. Good luck!!!

SimcoBBQ
09-03-2015, 03:24 PM
I get an open fire on my pit to the desired temp / normally for me is the 450' range. I actually don't pre-heat my stone , But I use a glazed stone from primo. I place my rolled out dough onto the stone (make sure to put flour or cornmeal on the stone ) before I put the toppings on.