PDA

View Full Version : Adding a gas burner to my BBQ table

funstuie
09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

I would like some advice - I want to add a single burner to this table:

http://i.imgur.com/dX4Le2Th.jpg

What would you experts suggest?

I have a little camping stove that I normally use but it's a pain to remember to set it up everytime.

I want something set in there I can use for sauces, beans, a deep frying.

gasAintGrillin
09-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Nothing specific, but Bayou Classic has a number of items that might fit the bill. I have on of their free-standing single-burner cookers that has been trouble-free for 10+ years. They do offer replacement parts for their products if you need them.

http://www.bayouclassicstore.com/gas_cookers.html

gasAintGrillin
09-02-2015, 03:22 PM
btw, Nice job on the table. You've got me thinking...

thickstrings
09-03-2015, 04:58 AM
I am about to take off the side burner from a defunct old Walmart gasser to add to the end of my table... mounting brackets , controls and gas connection all right there....and it saves on table top space.

16Adams
09-03-2015, 07:04 AM
You don't mention price but a portable Solaire would look really cool

ModelMaker
09-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Why not add a turkey fryer base to the end VS messing up your table top with something?
Ed

bonehead762
09-03-2015, 11:15 AM
I was looking to buy a single burner for my COS remodel but couldn't find any replacement side burners to buy. So I looked around for gas grills for sale that had a side burner and found a gas bbq that had one on it. Got it for $25. Took off the side burner, the shelf from the other end and the grates. put the carcass out by the street and overnight it was gone, POOF! I mounted the side burner on my COS and it works great!

Craigslist is your friend.

jimithing78
09-03-2015, 11:33 AM
I have a wood table for my BGE almost exactly like yours and would love to add a burner to it but adding an open flame close to an all wood table makes me nervous. You aren't worried about that?

I'm really hoping that in my next house I can build a stone food area where I can put my egg and install a burner.

funstuie
09-03-2015, 11:37 AM
I have a wood table for my BGE almost exactly like yours and would love to add a burner to it but adding an open flame close to an all wood table makes me nervous. You aren't worried about that?

I'm really hoping that in my next house I can build a stone food area where I can put my egg and install a burner.

I am not really worried as it's a controlled flame and I would never leave it unattended. If I was using the burner I would be there with it at all times.

funstuie
09-03-2015, 11:38 AM
I was looking to buy a single burner for my COS remodel but couldn't find any replacement side burners to buy. So I looked around for gas grills for sale that had a side burner and found a gas bbq that had one on it. Got it for $25. Took off the side burner, the shelf from the other end and the grates. put the carcass out by the street and overnight it was gone, POOF! I mounted the side burner on my COS and it works great!

Craigslist is your friend.

Thats a good idea. Thanks.

I will check for old BBQ and reuse something like that.

Bludawg
09-03-2015, 12:16 PM
shop till ya drop http://www.bbqguys.com/category_path_2188.html

jimithing78
09-03-2015, 01:38 PM
I am not really worried as it's a controlled flame and I would never leave it unattended. If I was using the burner I would be there with it at all times.

If you end up doing it post up some pics. I would like to see how it ends up.

Randall Lee
09-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Don't know if you want them all in one but I did this, frying pans aren't to low and boilers not to high to work with.

jimithing78
09-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Don't know if you want them all in one but I did this, frying pans aren't to low and boilers not to high to work with.

That's not too bad. I wonder if I could do something like that but actually attach it to the table. That way I could hide the propane tank inside the table and run the gas line out the side.

Randall Lee
09-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Wouldn't be hard on your table, your bottom shelf is lower than mind so you could build the table as high/low as you need for the cooker. The only problem I see is the the valve is part of the tank regulator so you need easy access. You could always cut a hole in the bottom shelf so your tank would slid/drop in and sit on the ground/deck below.

Trailer Trash
09-03-2015, 09:51 PM
I've accumulated a few of them over the years... Can't resist garage sales. My favorite is this one (and apparently many others - check out reviews). Because they have welded in a "steel can" around the burner flame, less heat is lost out the side and forced up under the pot or fry pan, speeding up the boil time in a very large pot. Depending on the heat generated within the wood table setting, I may set it within a steel box... or something?
Amazon.com : Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane : Outdoor Fry Pots : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51eK3C4bUsL.@@AMEPARAM@@51eK3C4bUsL