PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Cowgirl

Babyboomerboy
09-02-2015, 10:57 AM
I have been a dues paying member for many years now and I have been on this site almost every day. I have contributed several of my cooks, UDS build, 250 gallon reverse flow smoker and many, many, comments over the years. I have seen many new members that have found this universe and was fired off into BBQ smokers Heaven. And I have seen all the post that start out with something like, “Inspired by Cowgirl” or this is a take on Cowgirls posts. Just today on the board, “Cooking it like Cowgirl Dutch Oven Bierocks or Runzas or whatever you want to call them”, and “Shrimp and Grits - inspired by Cowgirl” I think we all have been inspired by a Cowgirl post at that beautiful camp site at least once or many more times as is in my case. We are very lucky to have a Brethren with so much skill with a camera and a cast iron skillet. I would like to do a tribute to Cowgirl. And I thought you might want to post a thought about one of your cooks inspired by Cowgirl. Or better yet, show a cook you did that was inspired by Cowgirl.

Here is mine;

December 1, 2009

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73523

cowgirl
09-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Ron you're one of the kindest people I know. Thanks so much for the post!!
I love the cook you did!

As for the other "cowgirl" posts today. One of the throwdown competitions listed above is a " Cook it like Cowgirl" theme. The members who want to compete have to cook one of my meals/recipes to qualify for the throwdown. It's not that they have a choice, it's one of the requirements for the competition.
I am honored that Titch chose the category....and the cooks have been amazing!

Thank you again Friend. Wish I could give you a big (((HUG))) for being so thoughtful! :hug:

dadsr4
09-02-2015, 01:10 PM
It's in hope of one of her posts that I come here daily. They are always a breath of fresh air.

SmokinJohn
09-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Cowgirl, there is something about your cooks that transcends food and photography.

The Food Stars talk about the need to bring the audience into your world on a TV cooking show. You do that, but only armed with a camera and your food.

When I see the pics, I can almost feel and smell the surrounding atmosphere. and I can see the love that went into making it.

I gotta stop now; my wife might think I have a girl crush on you....

LMAJ
09-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Jeanie - glad you decided to come play with the Brethren. :-D

lashing1c
09-02-2015, 05:30 PM
You have to try the simple but very awesome Apple Dumpling recipe for a smoker. About the only go to dessert I have found for a grill that is more than just grilled fruit.

Her Fatty piston is awesome!!!!!

Her Bacon Weave is amazing!!!

Ending with the fact that her comments on posts are a must read. She has a tremendous amount of insight!!!!

PatAttack
09-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Jeanie is da' BOMB!:thumb:

redline bovine
09-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I have nothing but respect and admiration for Jeanie and her skills. They show through each and every time. If I had a shot of something sitting in front of me right now, I would toast to you.:eusa_clap

dport7
09-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Jeanie's the leader of the pack, I can only dream of cooking that well.

cowgirl
09-02-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm not one for the spotlight, y'all are makin' me squirm. :redface: lol

Can't believe how lucky I am to have friends like you!! Thank you so much for the kind comments. Your timing is amazing...
:grouphug:

Clay-b-que
09-02-2015, 09:27 PM

Can't believe how lucky I am to have friends like you!! Thank you so much for the kind comments. Your timing is amazing...

We are just as lucky to have you! Thanks for everything :thumb:

Smoke on Badger Mountain
09-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Jeanie, You have some of, if not the best looking cooks on here and you are always very nice to everyone here. Thanks for all your contributions.

c farmer
09-02-2015, 10:04 PM
I agree with all of the a above. You have helped me and are a great help to the forum. If only I could find your get away spot. :thumb:

martyleach
09-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Jeanie I have learned a lot from you. I have built a similar little smoke house like yours. I have made many cooks exactly like yours that came out awesome. I have used your recipes to make bacon and then refined it a bit for Pancetta. Keep it coming girl. You are awesome!

Trailer Trash
09-02-2015, 11:35 PM
Jeanie
- First... You are a "Class Act" for sure. :clap:
- You can out cook, out Cowgirl/Cowboy anyone within this group. :boxing:
- You don't DEMAND respect, You EARN it deservingly. :thumb:
- You are kind to us less skilled with encouraging "Atta Boys"! :cheer2:
- You cheat with your extremely great photo skills!:first:
- Mostly, you make us better and help US impress our family. And guests, cause they think it's us that made that meal...:tongue: Ha! :hungry:

code3rrt
09-03-2015, 01:20 AM

As to making you squirm, well...........that's a "self inflicted wound" so to speak :-D. A direct result of posting just simply fantastic cooks over and over.

Even tho it may not be in your nature, soak it up girl, enjoy the accolades, they are earned and well deserved:-D.

And by the way, thanks a bunch!

KC

16Adams
09-03-2015, 06:09 AM
cowgirl- I check for your cooks daily. The stories and photos along with the menu- awesome. I've seen you mention cast iron and thought of you when my 83 year old Mom gave me the Wagner Ware (think its an 8) I grew up with. It needs a rehab and I've got that started.

Two words: Positive Influence

Thank You

PS- this is a tribute thread NOT a memorial thread. Have a Shiner and Keep kicking our culinary butts

Wesman61
09-03-2015, 07:21 AM
Cowgirl, you should open a guest ranch. I'd pay good money for that.

NickTheGreat
09-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Anyone else think something bad had happened to cowgirl, judging by the thread title? :shock:

Thingfish
09-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Just wanted to add my voice to the choir! I have tried a bunch of new things by your inspiration and have closed my eyes and gone to calm places after viewing your campground pics. We are lucky to have you post here.

posey's_pork_pit
09-03-2015, 11:48 AM
How can I possibly choose just one of cowgirls many contributions both on her blog as well as on this forum? All I can say is thank you Jeanie for all you do and the support you have given us over the years. Your fatty piston rocks!

dadsr4
09-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Cowgirl, you should open a guest ranch. I'd pay good money for that.
If she squirms at us here complementing her here, how could she survive it in person?

thaifighter06
09-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Yep. Jeanie has been instrumental in my confidence as a smokin' farker. She has helped me with fatties, the weave, making tamales and overall creativity. Nothing but love.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146309

cowgirl
09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
All I can say is I'm one lucky woman to have friends like you.
Thank you! :redface:

MisterChrister
09-03-2015, 03:26 PM
A classy thread for a classy gal!

dadsr4
09-03-2015, 04:20 PM
All I can say is I'm one lucky woman to have friends like you.
Thank you! :redface:
But you never, ever want us to tell you in person, right?

Ross in Ventura
09-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the post Babyboomerboy so we could thank Cowgirl for all her Post of great recipes and photography. She is truly Beautiful and Jeanie lives on a Beautiful Ranch!!!!

Ross

TurkeyLeg
09-03-2015, 07:26 PM
2 words: Cowgirl Rules!! Thanks for all your great posts!

Lowki
09-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I was introduced to Cowgirls blog here on the brethren and always look forward to recipes and pics of her many great cooks. The overall joy just from viewing that little piece of dream she has carved out for herself leaves something to strive for. Thanks Cowgirl, keep posting and inspiring.