PDA

View Full Version : Reheating Pepper Stout Beef

Bayme
09-02-2015, 07:35 AM
My department at work is having our annual pot luck lunch on Friday, the 11th. I have been asked (begged) to bring my pepper stout beef this year. Friday lunches are hard since I cannot spend Thursday or Thursday night cooking PSB.

So I was thinking of cooking up a couple chuck roasts worth of PSB this weekend and freezing it until next Friday. My thought was to put the finished PSB in a few sealed FoodSaver bags then reheat Friday morning by placing them in boiling water. I can bring my camp stove or turkey fryer to boil water which I could set up the morning of the lunch. Any thoughts? I assume the bags will hold up to the boiling water?

LMAJ
09-02-2015, 07:40 AM
That will work.
For a nice slow reheat, if you have a huge (I'm gonna say it) crock pot that would also work.

darkoozy
09-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Crock pot would work best...

BIL'S BBQ
09-02-2015, 09:57 AM
THANKS! I had to look up what pepper stout beef was and now im have to make some! looks excellent and I bet the above method of reheat will do the trick!

arclite
09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
I made my first PSB over the weekend. It was really good.

I'll use the crockpot for a reheat. Thanks for the tip.

gtr
09-02-2015, 10:35 AM
My department at work is having our annual pot luck lunch on Friday, the 11th. I have been asked (begged) to bring my pepper stout beef this year. Friday lunches are hard since I cannot spend Thursday or Thursday night cooking PSB.

So I was thinking of cooking up a couple chuck roasts worth of PSB this weekend and freezing it until next Friday. My thought was to put the finished PSB in a few sealed FoodSaver bags then reheat Friday morning by placing them in boiling water. I can bring my camp stove or turkey fryer to boil water which I could set up the morning of the lunch. Any thoughts? I assume the bags will hold up to the boiling water?

I've done this with pulled pork many times and found this to be a great method. I'm sure it will work just as well for PSB.

Now I want PSB. :hungry:

Bayme
09-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips. I like the crock pot idea, so I will bring a couple. It will also keep it warm during the lunch. I have used the Sterno warming trays before with varied success.

I will be sure to post pics of the cook this weekend and of the lunch next Friday.

64Driver
09-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I haven't used the crock pot yet, but I'm sure as others have said it will work. I always reheat my food saver bags with PSB in near boiling water (~190 degrees). That does the trick for me. I would think whatever way is more convenient for you will work just fine.