PDA

View Full Version : Ham seasoning

c farmer
09-01-2015, 08:24 PM
I have a whole pork loin curing, going to slice thin for lunch meat Sammie's for work

What would you recommend to season the outside with before going into the smoker?

oifmarine2003
09-01-2015, 08:40 PM
I have a whole pork loin curing, going to slice thin for lunch meat Sammie's for work

What would you recommend to season the outside with before going into the smoker?

I love Ted & Barney's on any pork

Fwismoker
09-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Go to the Islands mon (best Jamaican accent)

cowgirl
09-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Hi Adam!
Not sure what kind of cure you're using but sometimes I find the cure adds enough salt to the pork that I either skip rubbing it with anything before smoking OR I go with something mild. Usually the cure has enough flavor for me.
Before taking the pork off of the smoker, I like to glaze with a brown sugar, cayenne mixture and then spritz it with whiskey.

Good luck with what ever you come up with. Knowing you, it will be great!

captndan
09-02-2015, 05:53 AM
Hi Adam!
Not sure what kind of cure you're using but sometimes I find the cure adds enough salt to the pork that I either skip rubbing it with anything before smoking OR I go with something mild. Usually the cure has enough flavor for me.
Before taking the pork off of the smoker, I like to glaze with a brown sugar, cayenne mixture and then spritz it with whiskey.

Good luck with what ever you come up with. Knowing you, it will be great!
Tell me it ain't the 12 year old stuff.

Fallen Kell
09-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Well, for the holiday hams I smoke, I go with a paste made from brown sugar, turbinado sugar, ground clove, ground ginger, salt+pepper, nutmeg, ground cinnamon (the real stuff), allspice, maple syrup, and bourbon.