PDA

View Full Version : Complaint from my block party cook

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 07:47 PM
Just had a post planning meeting from the block party earlier in the month. One major complaint on the cook side of things and I should have known better.:tsk: Pulled pork looked good and the chicken was good ...ugh

It was my first large cook and i get nailed with this.

PatAttack
08-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Nailed with what?

Teleking
08-31-2015, 07:52 PM
Clarification, PP was bad but looked good and chicken looked bad but tasted good??

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 07:53 PM
Nailed with what? Oh...you wouldn't guess

Didn't cook enough chicken! :becky:

silverfinger
08-31-2015, 07:53 PM
No mention of the brisket?

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 07:56 PM
LOL, it was a good complaint to have. I walked into the neighbors and sat down and with no real expression they looked at me and one said. "we have one complaint about the meat"

LOL, I was thinking ....great :drama:

Then they said the chicken was the best anyone has had and we have to double it for next year. Shwoooo what a relief! That would have been embarrassing if something was really screwed up. lol

PatAttack
08-31-2015, 07:56 PM
Feed 'em more of that yardbird. I'm guessing for the ladies and chillins'...and it's CHEAP!

More of the good stuff left for the folks "in the know"!

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Feed 'em more of that yardbird. I'm guessing for the ladies and chillins'...and it's CHEAP!

More of the good stuff left for the folks "in the know"! Yup looks like the chicken breast went over like gangbusters. Did the brine, jaccard...cut on the bias and put in a chicken stock/butter/wine bath.

Now the planning group is gonna help look for sales for me. I think i spent about 2 dollars a lb. on the good natural stuff.

Pat I did have to snag a little PP that was left over. The next morning while i was hung over taking a quality nap and I got a knock on the door...another neighbor with a plastic container in hand said hey you have any of the pork left I want to make a sandwich. lol

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 08:02 PM
No mention of the brisket? Nope, did PP and it was dang tasty but the ladies and others loved the bird breast.

Trailer Trash
08-31-2015, 08:06 PM
Fwis,
Congratulations! That's the reason I cook! Did you post pics?

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Clarification, PP was bad but looked good and chicken looked bad but tasted good?? Thankfully NO...lol

Fwis,
Congratulations! That's the reason I cook! Did you post pics? It felt real good to get a good review. Even though there was plenty of food the chicken went fast i guess. At least i know know to balance it out better for PP and the white meat.

Yep here's the thread. Didn't get chicken cook pics but finished pics.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215217

93vpmod
08-31-2015, 08:29 PM
Sounds like the party will get bigger...glad you nailed it!

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Sounds like the party will get bigger...glad you nailed it! Good to hear for sure!

Mike I noticed as the food we serve gets better the turnout is bigger. Thinking there's a correlation there. lol

arclite
08-31-2015, 09:12 PM
Congrats on a successful cook. It's hard to beat empty plates and compliments from neighbors.

Trailer Trash
08-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Fwis,
Just went back and viewed your cook/party. Awesome! I'll bet you are King in your neighborhood for sure. Great job and I'm sure you inspired many Brethern to rally their neighbors to do this. Our neighborhood does a number of small ones a year including one big one with pig ect. and as one comment made, "This is how neighbor watches start"

smoke ninja
08-31-2015, 09:18 PM
Oh...you wouldn't guess

Didn't cook enough chicken! :becky:

That was so not believable.

Glad everyone liked it.:thumb:

dwfisk
08-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Now hold on, you did inform the "committee" that beer consumption is proportional to quantity cooked, right? It is only right that they supply more beer along with the extra bird:rolleyes:

FattyMcFatty
08-31-2015, 09:41 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/brick-tamland/oh-you.jpg

ITBFQ
08-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Any homes for sale in the area?

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 09:46 PM
Fwis,
Just went back and viewed your cook/party. Awesome! I'll bet you are King in your neighborhood for sure. Great job and I'm sure you inspired many Brethern to rally their neighbors to do this. Our neighborhood does a number of small ones a year including one big one with pig ect. and as one comment made, "This is how neighbor watches start" It's very cool and nice to be a integral part of it.

They did ask if i could do a pig but I'd imagine they wouldn't want to pay the extra money since only so many donations come in. Doing a hog would be way awesome!

It's amazing how much more tight nit the neighborhood gets with just a simple party, I hope more do it.

That was so not believable.

Glad everyone liked it.:thumb: Thanks Steve! Ya know it would have been a black eye me screwing up the birds! :doh:

Now hold on, you did inform the "committee" that beer consumption is proportional to quantity cooked, right? It is only right that they supply more beer along with the extra bird:rolleyes:

Dave where were you during the negotiations? :noidea: UGH! Gonna have to maneuver a counter offer before it's too late. :laugh:

Fwismoker
08-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Any homes for sale in the area? Thankfully when there are they sell quick and we're not getting the rentals. Swing through next year... Aug 6. lol

http://www.troll.me/images/brick-tamland/oh-you.jpg LMAO, nice GIF

ssv3
09-01-2015, 12:20 AM
Yankin' chains again Keith, aren't we?! :thumb:

TheWolfePit
09-01-2015, 04:28 AM
One thing you always have to realize when you cook for other people.....no matter how good your food is, you can't make everyone happy!

Diesel Dave
09-01-2015, 06:06 AM
Not sure if it was flavored like the wings you did at the Wounded Warrior cook you helped me with last year. But that was the best dang yard bird I ever had :thumb:

BBQ Bacon
09-01-2015, 07:26 AM
It must have smelled fantastic on that street!

Fwismoker
09-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Yankin' chains again Keith, aren't we?! :thumb: Yea but only mine got yanked a little...lol, I had to pass it on Sako!:becky:

Not sure if it was flavored like the wings you did at the Wounded Warrior cook you helped me with last year. But that was the best dang yard bird I ever had :thumb:

Thanks Dave, nice compliment for sure! No it was different but you can never go wrong cooking over that Michigan cherry though!

Fwismoker
09-01-2015, 08:45 AM
It must have smelled fantastic on that street! You should have seen the smoke when the pork grease started dripping the wind was moving it all over the block! lol

One thing you always have to realize when you cook for other people.....no matter how good your food is, you can't make everyone happy! That's the truth right there