PDA

View Full Version : Injection recipes

Schmendrick
08-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Greetings Gents (and Gent-ettes!)

I'm heading up a cook for the whole family this Labor Day weekend, and am looking for the best injections to use for the following:

* Brisket
* Turkey
* Chicken
* Ribs/Pork

What are your favorite injection recipes to use for each?

Thanks guys!

Bludawg
08-30-2015, 10:58 AM
I inject the pitmaster with alcohol the meat is in the wagon.

Mike Twangzer
08-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Is it painful ? what do you use ?

bbqwizard
08-30-2015, 11:54 AM

I'm heading up a cook for the whole family this Labor Day weekend, and am looking for the best injections to use for the following:

* Brisket
* Turkey
* Chicken
* Ribs/Pork

Thanks guys!
Brisket= nothing or butchers prime
Turkey= mix of melted butter, hot sauce, chicken broth, granulated garlic and onion, and Peppeureka seasoning from LV Spice CO.
Chicken: same as above or brine in Oakridge BBQ "game changer"
Ribs: seasoning only
Pork butt: nothing, or peach nectar, or butchers pork, or Chris Lilly's injection.

And of course season as you like.

Happy Q'en

smokingkettle
08-30-2015, 11:55 AM

* Brisket
* Turkey
* Chicken
* Ribs/Pork

Thanks guys!

Pardon my ignorance. But is it necessary to inject? I'm a newb, so maybe I just don't know any better, but my smokes on my WSM have all turned out juicy. I haven't tried turkey yet. It looks like a lot of work to me (injecting).

The_Kapn
08-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Pardon my ignorance. But is it necessary to inject? I'm a newb, so maybe I just don't know any better, but my smokes on my WSM have all turned out juicy. I haven't tried turkey yet. It looks like a lot of work to me (injecting).

Not necessary at all.

But a lot of cooks like to add flavor and moisture deep into the meat.
Others are dead set against it for whatever reason.

You would need to try it both ways and make up your own mind and not rely on opinions from the WWW.

Good Luck.

TIM

smokingkettle
08-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Not necessary at all.

But a lot of cooks like to add flavor and moisture deep into the meat.
Others are dead set against it for whatever reason.

You would need to try it both ways and make up your own mind and not rely on opinions from the WWW.

Good Luck.

TIM

It might be worth a shot on certain cuts. I'll try it.

Boshizzle
08-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Injection shouldn't be necessary. But, if you want to try it, here are some that I have tried that people have liked. These recipes don't require expensive competition injection mixes but are still tasty.

Pork butt - 12 ounces apple juice + 4 ounces of Cajun butter

Chicken - Condensed chicken noodle soup, strained

Turkey - Cajun butter

Beef - Beef broth. If you want to try something competition style, make the broth using beef bouillon cubes.