PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a PizzaQue

Bob C Cue
08-29-2015, 04:33 PM
I have been researching outdoor pizza cooking options and came across a company called Pizzacraft that makes a couple of interesting products under the PizzaQue label. Wondered if anyone has used either of these or has any info they can share. Thanks!

This is one that fits on the Weber Kettle and at $99 seems to be a good alternative to those that I have seen for more than twice the price:
https://youtu.be/uQ4QNhr3qm0

And here is a tabletop propane fired oven that looks similar to the Blackstone (but without the stand) and is about $100 cheaper than the Blackstone.

https://youtu.be/MkDXxUu5W5s

2liter
08-29-2015, 05:54 PM
I have the one for the Weber kettle. Easy to set up, gets real hot. Makes a crispy crust.
It does use a lot of charcoal but you can remove the ring and snuff out the fire and use the coals again. Best for small personal size thin crust pizzas.

Bob C Cue
08-29-2015, 05:56 PM
I have the one for the Weber kettle. Easy to set up, gets real hot. Makes a crispy crust.
It does use a lot of charcoal but you can remove the ring and snuff out the fire and use the coals again. Best for small personal size thin crust pizzas.

Thanks for the feedback. Does seem to be a good price compared to other kettle pizza kits.

Fwismoker
08-29-2015, 05:58 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all, it'll work like the pizza kettle but costs less.

Trailer Trash
08-29-2015, 08:45 PM
My wife got me one of these for my birthday 4 months ago. (PizzaQue) I gained 10 pounds. It works exactly like they say. Check out the reviews. It really cooks pizza and calzones perfectly with hardly any practice. I had purchased the Weber contraption a few years ago. It came to me all bent up from shipping but more because it was light in build quality. IMHO

STLBBQer
08-29-2015, 08:50 PM
No, but I have a Kettle Pizza. Actually bought mine used from a fellow Brethren and love it. It's the top of the line model with pro grate and baking steel. Gets crazy hot and will bake a pizza in a few minutes. I don't use it all that often, but when I do it's just really fun.

Bob C Cue
08-29-2015, 08:55 PM
My wife got me one of these for my birthday 4 months ago. (PizzaQue) I gained 10 pounds. It works exactly like they say. Check out the reviews. It really cooks pizza and calzones perfectly with hardly any practice. I had purchased the Weber contraption a few years ago. It came to me all bent up from shipping but more because it was light in build quality. IMHO

Thanks. Most of the reviews I saw were positive. Always good to get a perspective from the Brethren.

STLBBQer
08-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Uh okay sorry, I thought we were talking about something completely different. (Quietly backs out of room...)

Trailer Trash
08-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Bob, here is a link to the King Arthur Pizza Dough recipe that I use for pizzas an calzones. I make it, refrigerate it for up to 10 days and grab a hunk out nightly to make my pizzas until it's gone. Good luck! http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/pizza-crust-recipe

Trailer Trash
08-29-2015, 09:11 PM
STL, "(Quietly backs out of room...)".. That's funny!!!

shoebe
08-30-2015, 10:01 AM
I just checked amazon on the price, they have gone down to $89, seems like a good deal

TRRH
08-30-2015, 11:11 AM
I have a pizza que ($199 CDN) and it works fine. I run it at max temp and it cooks a homemade NY style (12") in about 6 min.
Easy to use

Bob C Cue
08-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Bob, here is a link to the King Arthur Pizza Dough recipe that I use for pizzas an calzones. I make it, refrigerate it for up to 10 days and grab a hunk out nightly to make my pizzas until it's gone. Good luck! http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/pizza-crust-recipe

Thanks. Will give it a try. I use King Arthur's baguette and rye bread recipes and really like the way the bread comes out.

Moose
08-30-2015, 12:56 PM
I saw both PizzaQ units at Home Depot some months back and was wondering how they were. Sounds like they will be giving the Kettle Pizza folks some pretty robust competition!

HickoryBill
08-30-2015, 01:18 PM
http://doughgenerator.allsimbaseball9.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=15

This site has dough recipes for modified grills, wood fired grills, and ovens.

On Edit:
The key to good pizza dough is to allow the dough to hydrate for 20 minutes before you knead.

So mix everything together, (about 2 min in a kitchen aid on speed 2) then let it sit for 20 minutes then knead (about 5 min in kitchen aid on speed 2)

Also, if you keep the oil to 1% or less, you will get a crisper crust.

creekwalker
08-30-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has used this without the stone, as an alternative to a tandoor oven, to blast chicken?

cayenne
08-30-2015, 02:38 PM
I got one of the pizza kettle things for my weber, and just could never get it to work right.

It would get blazing hot on the stone, but the heat on top never enough to cook the top enough as fast as the crust would do.

I tried other mods, like a 2nd stone on top and foil to lower the head space....but just never worked for me.

I will likely put it on craigslist to try to get rid of it...I just got a BGE and thinking that with wood chunks will give me a better shot at wood fired pizza taste and cooking temps....

Are there any good posts/sites that show how to get good, consistent results off the Pizza Kettle? I'd be good to try it again..but I just could never get the right charcoal/wood level with heat to cook the bottom and top of the pizza right....

Must my $0.02,

caynne

STLBBQer
08-30-2015, 05:08 PM
I got one of the pizza kettle things for my weber, and just could never get it to work right.

It would get blazing hot on the stone, but the heat on top never enough to cook the top enough as fast as the crust would do.

I tried other mods, like a 2nd stone on top and foil to lower the head space....but just never worked for me.

I will likely put it on craigslist to try to get rid of it...I just got a BGE and thinking that with wood chunks will give me a better shot at wood fired pizza taste and cooking temps....

Are there any good posts/sites that show how to get good, consistent results off the Pizza Kettle? I'd be good to try it again..but I just could never get the right charcoal/wood level with heat to cook the bottom and top of the pizza right....

Must my $0.02,

caynne

Mine actually works like a charm, but it has the baking steel. I just about lost my mind when I watched raw sausage cook in front of my own eyes to done in 3 minutes. I just build a crazy hot fire (full lit chimney and then unlit chimney on top of that in a U shape, with a smattering of lit coals under the stone). Amazing pizza. The only reason we don't use it all that often is it works best with an "assembly line" process, my wife making the pizzas while I'm putting them on. Trying that with a 4 year old and 7 month old doesn't work so well. It's 2015, where is the robot babysitter? Come on science!!! :rolleyes:

pjess50
08-13-2016, 10:59 PM
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to share my experience with the Pizzaque. I wasn't expecting much to be honest...I have family nearby who have wood fired pizza oven in their backyard which makes awesome pies. This little unit on my new to me 22.5" Weber kettle worked like a champ. I have no complaint whatsoever. I'm about as pleased as I can be.

pjess50
08-13-2016, 11:06 PM
One more picture...some of what's left

guero_gordo
08-14-2016, 12:39 AM
I have the Weber version, which was $85 at HD when I bought it, and a fair deal at that price.

I started leaving out the expanded metal widget and laying a split across the back of the bowl. with charcoal behind it and a smaller pile one both sides. Individual pizza's and calzone's are done in under 2m this way, which makes it a lot more pleasant. We do precook the raw meat toppings.

chrislasser
08-16-2016, 12:47 PM
I watched a guy make real, authentic, pizzas on one of these this morning on youtube. They look like they work really well. He had his around 850-900 for 90-140 seconds and it was done. Looks great

tonyjohnson619
08-16-2016, 12:52 PM
i have the pizza que from home depot and love it, it attaches to my kettle and makes good pies. it takes a little longer then a couple mins but that don't bother me at all

medic92
08-16-2016, 01:59 PM
The PizzaQue lost me when I saw the part where the guy pulled the pizza out and rotated it. I'm so lazy I'll pay extra for the Blackstone just because it rotates on it's own.