PDA

View Full Version : Need idea's for offset cook this weekend!

blazinfire
08-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Making a little money this weekend don't have a huge budget because I am ordering a brisket next week to smoke my first brisket! I've cooked whole chickens, pork butts, chuck roasts, chicken parts (thighs, legs, etc.) Looking for something different but some what cheap!

Been considering smoking a "Fatty". still trying to figure out what that is exactly? Just a pack of sausage with a rub on it wrapped with bacon?? Can it be beef instead of sausage?

how about a smoked stuffed beef fatty?? with mushrooms, green pepper and mozzarella cheese, wrapped in bacon? Would u use canned mushrooms or fresh mushrooms? I prefer fresh mushrooms over canned but not sure how well they would turn out wrapped in a roll.

Any other ideas? I wanna try something other than smoking just a piece of meat. Gonna stuff jalapeno's with cheddar cheese wrap them in bacon on the side as well.

jermoQ
08-27-2015, 10:25 PM
that a fatty, or naked fatty (sausage not wrapped bacon) sounds like a good start. I recommend if you use ground beef, that you use a meatloaf recipe just to give the inside more moisture and flavor. I have also done cheese stuffed meatballs in the smoker. One of my favorite fun meals is beer can burgers (bowls made out of 1/3lb meatballs by smashing a beer can into them) which can hold all if the cheap ingredients you want. They are entertaining for people and yummy. Brined pork chops are awesome too.

Ron_L
08-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Been considering smoking a "Fatty". still trying to figure out what that is exactly? Just a pack of sausage with a rub on it wrapped with bacon?? Can it be beef instead of sausage?

how about a smoked stuffed beef fatty?? with mushrooms, green pepper and mozzarella cheese, wrapped in bacon? Would u use canned mushrooms or fresh mushrooms? I prefer fresh mushrooms over canned but not sure how well they would turn out wrapped in a roll.

Naked fatty! Check out the link in my signature!

Beef would make a meat loaf, which is also good in the smoker.

blazinfire
08-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Well how would the stuffed "meatloaf" work? what should i expect if I did flatten out some hamburger. stuffed it with mushrooms/green peppers/cheese then rolled it up and then wrapped it in bacon?

Seen something online about making stuffed meatballs, Gonna try that one day!

brandenpro
08-27-2015, 11:48 PM
My favorite fatty is spinach, onion, blue cheese. I nuke the spinach to wilt it so can cram more in. No need for bacon, it's really rich as is that's why I try and get as much spinach in as possible.

blazinfire
08-28-2015, 12:17 AM
Have you guys stuffed anything with mushrooms? I think this weekends cook will be the stuffed meatloaf! If i use fresh raw mushrooms would you sauté them a bit first?

Bludawg
08-28-2015, 12:48 AM
Meatloaf, Meat balls, Chuck roast, Pork loin, Turkey, Ham,

Titch
08-28-2015, 12:54 AM
Meatloaf, Meat balls, Chuck roast, Pork loin, Turkey, Ham,

Bolognese sauce, beef cheeks, lamb ,beans.
Big pot of Minced Beef:thumb:

captndan
08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
I assume you want to make something for family and friends right? If so the recipes above all sound good. If not and you are trying to sell something don't try out a new recipe on the public make something they already know. +

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Free Mr. Tony
08-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Have you guys stuffed anything with mushrooms? I think this weekends cook will be the stuffed meatloaf! If i use fresh raw mushrooms would you sauté them a bit first?

Depending on what you are making, it's usually a good move to Sauté, roast, microwave, etc. Anything to get the moisture out. Mushrooms are mostly water so unless you are looking for a sauce or something of that nature, I would get rid of the moisture before using them.

One of my favorite non meat things to smoke are jambalaya Stuffed sweet peppers. I like using the tiny little mixed color peppers in the clear bags from the grocery. Make the jambalaya. Cut a little hunk out of the pepper tops. Stuff them with the jambalaya. Smoke around 250 until the peppers are soft. They are delicious.

Joe Black
08-28-2015, 04:27 PM
Another good inexpensive (I don't like to say cheap when I'm smoking) offering is CSR's. They are easy and very well received. Good luck, Joe