PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating Company in Houston area

cornbread's smoking bbq
08-27-2015, 07:33 AM
Do any of you Houston guys know of a good powder coating shop that won't charge an arm and a leg to powder coat a UDS? I'm building two UDS smokers and I know it's probably overkill, but I would like to have them powder coated. I have a quote from a company but it was about $450 to powder coat 2 drums/lids. I've never had anything powder coated, so I don't know if that is a good deal or not? If it is a good deal I suppose I will stick with high temp paint. ;)

cornbread's smoking bbq
08-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Anyone?

Fwismoker
08-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Don't get ripped off. I had 2 UDS get high heat powder coated for about 80-100 dollars each and both were sand blasted also. I think they did the first for $100 and the 2nd for $80

In my area I called different ones and got ahold of one and laid it out for them saying "hey this is only a 55 gallon oil drum and i just want to the outside done"

Dale Nichols
08-28-2015, 03:07 PM
What part of Houston do you live? There is one by me in Alvin let know and I would be glad to help if I can. I might build one with one you and maybe keep the cost down.

chingador
08-28-2015, 05:17 PM
http://www.bayoucitycoatings.com/

I used this guy to re-do some bar stools. He is a good guy and is really fair in his pricing.

Bob C Cue
08-28-2015, 05:30 PM
http://www.bayoucitycoatings.com/

I used this guy to re-do some bar stools. He is a good guy and is really fair in his pricing.

Nice referral. Even has pics of smokers on his website. Would like to know what he quotes for a UDS.

Fwismoker
08-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Nice referral. Even has pics of smokers on his website. Would like to know what he quotes for a UDS.

That's great Bob, I didn't know you were in the market for a UDS. Do you frequent Texas often to get it done?

Trailer Trash
08-29-2015, 07:42 PM
You could also call a custom motorcycle shop and ask for a name. Those boys know everybody...