PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Volunteers for Cook for Soldiers

notacos4u
08-06-2015, 10:38 AM
I was wondering if anyone that lives near Albany/ Saratoga, NY might be available on September 13th? My Battalion, 3-142nd Assault Helicopter Battalion is having our Battalion family day, and after I cooked ribs and chicken for my company at our Annual Training in July, they liked it so much, they want to do it again for the Battalion event in September. Problem is, I have a Humphrey's Down East Beast, and although it can cook what I feel is alot of food, there is no way I'd be able to do enough food for roughly 200-300 people on it. I plan on bringing mine to the event and cooking, was just looking for others in the area who might be willing to volunteer their time and Smokers for the event. The Battalion is going to provide the meat for it. Just looking for feelers out there if this is even a possibility. I just got this thrown in my lap within the last 4 days. Thanks for everyone's input. SSG James Rose, A Company 3-142nd AHB

Skip
08-06-2015, 11:38 AM
NY brethren are great people as are the CT, MA, VT and NH brethren as well. I am sure you will get the people you need. I am checking my schedule to see if I can. I will also mention it to the others I know who are willing to do such events.

SmittyJonz
08-06-2015, 11:43 AM
I was hoping this was N Texas Dangit.

Lake Dogs
08-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Albany, GA, yes. NY; sorry, a bit of a haul...

Good luck.

notacos4u
08-07-2015, 10:57 AM
I have 2 people that might be able to do it so far... smokinit, has to confirm his schedule, and Miller's Backyard BBQ have expressed a willingness to assist... It appears that Team Humphrey's will be well represented there. Now I just have to worry that none of the Soldiers are going to want me to cook for them again after tasting Kevin (smokinit) and Greg's (Miller's Backyard BBQ) BBQ... LOL.. Thanks for everyone who might be able to or even considered helping.