PDA

View Full Version : Coleman Charcoal Smoker

G$
10-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Coleman Charcoal Smoker ... looks like an ECB more or less.

Anyone ever use one of these? 25 bucks and a 30 minute drive, worth it?

Bigdog
10-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Yep, sure looks like a ECB. I say go for it. Great somker for taking to the lake for camping and using on the porch on a rainy day.

Roo-B-Q'N
10-31-2006, 11:50 AM
G$ I have one of them and well . . . you get what you pay for. Absolutely no way to control temp. There is a hole on the botom with no way to close it down.
I am thinking of modifying mine by making somthing that I can open and close the vent with my foot. (it doesn't have the legs like the ECB).
Last time I used it I got two pieces of wood that I was ablt to fight in and out of place to help keep temps.
Just my 2 cents.

G$
10-31-2006, 11:55 AM
G$ I have one of them and well . . . you get what you pay for. Absolutely no way to control temp. There is a hole on the botom with no way to close it down.
I am thinking of modifying mine by making somthing that I can open and close the vent with my foot. (it doesn't have the legs like the ECB).
Last time I used it I got two pieces of wood that I was ablt to fight in and out of place to help keep temps.
Just my 2 cents.

Hmmmmm, looks like it has cheap little legs to me? I think I will pass. I just got a decrepit NB (Hondo?/SilverSmoker?/Not Sure) that I should address before collecting another suspect smoker.

spicewine
10-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Not worth a damn here up North. Can't control temps needs constant tending and does not like inclement weather at all.