PDA

View Full Version : SF Customer Service...to the max!

jbounds286
07-24-2015, 08:57 AM
Ive had my SF smoker for a few months now and it is an amazing smoker and is very easy to run. But the damper from the firebox to warmer was sticking due to the extreme heat when the fire was going making it pretty tough to move. Told Paul about the issue and told me when he had a chance he would take the trip to come fix the issue for me. Sure enough..today was the day!

Got my damper slide fixed up in under an hour and headed back to Tuscaloosa. An 8 hour round trip for under an hour of work...if that isnt dedication I dont know what is!

Thank you Paul so much for the customer service and sticking by your product! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

luvysbbq
07-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Ive had my SF smoker for a few months now and it is an amazing smoker and is very easy to run. But the damper from the firebox to warmer was sticking due to the extreme heat when the fire was going making it pretty tough to move. Told Paul about the issue and told me when he had a chance he would take the trip to come fix the issue for me. Sure enough..today was the day!

Got my damper slide fixed up in under an hour and headed back to Tuscaloosa. An 8 hour round trip for under an hour of work...if that isnt dedication I dont know what is!

Thank you Paul so much for the customer service and sticking by your product! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Awesome...counting the days for mine to be built! Supposed to be built in September....cannot get her soon enough :-)

SmittyJonz
07-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Wow.

PatAttack
07-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Them Shirley fellers' are some damn good people!

ShencoSmoke
07-24-2015, 09:31 AM
That right there puts SF on the top of the list when it comes to quality AND service

pgyrogear
07-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Now that's Customer Service.......Great Job Paul

Big George's BBQ
07-24-2015, 10:13 AM
That is what you call first class service

pjtexas1
07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Sounds just like what you would expect from the whole Shirley family. Paul and Tyler spent almost an hour helping me get my hitch receiver installed the day I picked up my Shirley. Had one stubborn bolt...

jbounds286
07-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Sounds just like what you would expect from the whole Shirley family. Paul and Tyler spent almost an hour helping me get my hitch receiver installed the day I picked up my Shirley. Had one stubborn bolt...

and i bet they didnt mind helping one bit. they are truly amazing people

grilla
07-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Jbounds, Im looking at a SF smoker but am undecided on size have you loaded yours? if so what is the capacity. Im in Winder. Sorry for the hijack

oifmarine2003
07-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Wow, you will not beat that service anywhere!

jbounds286
07-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Jbounds, Im looking at a SF smoker but am undecided on size have you loaded yours? if so what is the capacity. Im in Winder. Sorry for the hijack

buttburner has the same size as mine and i think he has loaded his up...i would PM him about that. i have not loaded mine up all the way or even close yet lol

Fwismoker
07-24-2015, 02:23 PM
That's one heck of a customer service trip but I wonder what Paul would have to do for the same issue for someone much further away? He's got cookers all over the country and even Europe lol.

I suppose he'd hook up with one of their local fabricators and sub it out to get it fixed.

Decoy205
07-24-2015, 02:41 PM
After all the great reviews on this board I am not surprised about this one bit!

TuscaloosaQ
07-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Thx Josh... doing what we say we are going to do......

Ron_L
07-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Thx Josh... doing what we say we are going to do...... kida insults me though that the mods moved this... I have seen many times someone comment on a customer service.... In fact not long ago.... someone did a post similar to yours.... from a lone star customer.... it remained in the forum ,.... Q Talk.... have we just started singling.... a certain group out on this forum..... Kinda pisses me off......... No .... it really pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be damn if I am going to be singled out!!!!!!

First...

Brethren Ventures This is the place for members with commercially marketed products to freely advertise their wares. Products, sales, reviews, testimonials can be found here.

This thread should have been posted here in the first place. It was left in QTalk all day as a courtesy.

Second...

A MODERATORS DECISION IS FINAL. If your moderated, live with it and move on. We live by these rules, and any moderator action is due to an infringement. We don't moderate on content, but we do enforce these rules.
Challenging a moderator in public for their action will lock you down, all abilities to post and edit will be removed.
Whining to the admin will get you no where, so donít bother.
When you are moderated for an infraction or infringement, you might receive a PM as to why. If it was a blatant infringement, it will be deleted with no notice. If not, it is acceptable to send a civil note to the moderators requesting the reason. We dont sent messages for general scrubbing or cleanup of banter or chatter.

We try to be consistent, but can't catch everything. A PM to a mod or Phil would have been the proper way of handling this instead of a public rant!

TuscaloosaQ
07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
First...

This thread should have been posted here in the first place. It was left in QTalk all day as a courtesy.

Second...

We try to be consistent, but can't catch everything. A PM to a mod or Phil would have been the proper way of handling this instead of a public rant!

do this fall in the category of a threat to me....... I have done nothing but be a contributer.... people are so jealous of me and Tyler...they can get over it...

Quote:
A MODERATORS DECISION IS FINAL. If your moderated, live with it and move on. We live by these rules, and any moderator action is due to an infringement. We don't moderate on content, but we do enforce these rules.
Challenging a moderator in public for their action will lock you down, all abilities to post and edit will be removed.
Whining to the admin will get you no where, so donít bother.
When you are moderated for an infraction or infringement, you might receive a PM as to why. If it was a blatant infringement, it will be deleted with no notice. If not, it is acceptable to send a civil note to the moderators requesting the reason. We dont sent messages for general scrubbing or cleanup of banter or chatter.

I agree and I removed my comment....and did send a pm... furthermore there are rants on this forum all the time........ why are people so jealous of me and Tyler..... we aint that good looking......... and I know the rules.... and are not the least bit intimidated by them..... nor threatened by them are anyone sucking breath on this God given earth..... Rules.... I have obeyed them for the last several years... Sir!!!!!!

DUBBAGA
07-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Just double checked my calendar and today isn't April 1, so now I'm confused...

My guess is this got moved as you are a business member and it is easier for people to find the post by being in your section. I know this regularly happens for Oakridge BBQ topics as well.

Bigr314
07-24-2015, 04:48 PM
That does not surprise me. They are great people.

TuscaloosaQ
07-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Just double checked my calendar and today isn't April 1, so now I'm confused...

My guess is this got moved as you are a business member and it is easier for people to find the post by being in your section. I know this regularly happens for Oakridge BBQ topics as well.

Thx... I let it hit me wrong and should have taken a break..... I live and learn...... the Mod was just doing there job..... and I need to think before I type..... so basically I am saying I was wrong.....

DUBBAGA
07-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Now that has been cleared up, maybe the mods will allow a poll in Q-Talk to decide if the Shirley boys are the best looking fabricators in the business :mrgreen:

Ron_L
07-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Now that has been cleared up, maybe the mods will allow a poll in Q-Talk to decide if the Shirley boys are the best looking fabricators in the business :mrgreen:

Woodpile would be more appropriate, but someone has to gather pictures of the various candidates :becky:

BBQ Freak
07-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Paul and his boys are A Class people and it does not surpise me that he made a trip to fix a cooker . that is why I bought mine from him because he has awesome values in life and we need a lot more of that from people right now and this world would be a better place . :bow: