PDA

View Full Version : Blackstone off the stand?

zanna5910
07-17-2015, 11:39 AM
All you guys posting about this thing, I just can't take it anymore!

I'm trying to figure out the proper angle to let me:
a) purchase a blackstone.
b) not be killed by my wife.

Can you take it off the frame and mount it in a built in kitchen? What would be necessary to pull this off?

TuscaloosaQ
07-17-2015, 11:47 AM
All you guys posting about this thing, I just can't take it anymore!

I'm trying to figure out the proper angle to let me:
a) purchase a blackstone.
b) not be killed by my wife.

Can you take it off the frame and mount it in a built in kitchen? What would be necessary to pull this off?

I was kinda thinking the same thing.......me and Tyler are going to build us a small custom unit... and I was wondering about mounting a blackstone up front....... I pray I am on topic....... as far as the wife killing you... some things are worth dying for.... prolly want kill ya... maybe just injure you slightly....:caked:

cowgirl
07-17-2015, 11:49 AM

cowgirl
07-17-2015, 11:51 AM
I was kinda thinking the same thing.......me and Tyler are going to build us a small custom unit... and I was wondering about mounting a blackstone up front....... I pray I am on topic....... as far as the wife killing you... some things are worth dying for.... prolly want kill ya... maybe just injure you slightly....:caked:

You could probably just build a griddle top... but one of the things I like about this Blackstone are the 4 burners. They seem to put out even heat compared to the round burners on a Browning.

Ron_L
07-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Is the question about the Blackstone griddle or the Blackstone Pizza oven, or some other Blackstone product?

TuscaloosaQ
07-17-2015, 12:00 PM
You could probably just build a griddle top... but one of the things I like about this Blackstone are the 4 burners. They seem to put out even heat compared to the round burners on a Browning.

ths Jen... I am excited about mine it is in Tuscaloosa.... according to tracking .... come on UPS!!!!!

zanna5910
07-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Is the question about the Blackstone griddle or the Blackstone Pizza oven, or some other Blackstone product?

NoooooooooooO! It WAS about the griddle, now it might be about all of them! :tongue:

The griddle specifically. I realize a griddle isn't the hardest thing in the world to build, but I do like a finished unit that could be dropped in, so all I really have to build is the brackets and the kitchen unit itself.

Ron_L
07-17-2015, 12:13 PM
NoooooooooooO! It WAS about the griddle, now it might be about all of them! :tongue:

The griddle specifically. I realize a griddle isn't the hardest thing in the world to build, but I do like a finished unit that could be dropped in, so all I really have to build is the brackets and the kitchen unit itself.

Sorry... I'm good at spending other people's money :-D

Maybe someone with a griddle can post a picture of how the legs attach. It may be as simple as having 4 posts the same size as the top of the legs that the griddle can mount on.

sliding_billy
07-17-2015, 05:57 PM
My angle for buying a 36" griddle and grill top without getting killed by SWMBO (and I am dead serious) was that with 36" and 4 burners we could actually cook on it TOGETHER and not splatter/heat up the kitchen.

ssv3
07-17-2015, 06:01 PM
The side shelves are removable and the legs collapse. I say if you're a little crafty it's totally doable.

Teleking
07-17-2015, 06:20 PM

Fabrication shop with no limits and you bought a griddle!!! Shocked that you can't build them better.

TuscaloosaQ
07-18-2015, 07:37 AM
Fabrication shop with no limits and you bought a griddle!!! Shocked that you can't build them better.

We could build one i am sure... But i am one of those spur of the moment people... Wanting instant gratification... Mine showed up
Late yesterday afternoon... If i know Tyler when he looks at it his mind will start spinning... And he will build on for himself.... But for the money... The blackstone is a pretty darn good bargin....

AlwaysSmokey
07-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Tell him I'll take the practice build ! lol

These are def. on my radar. The one's at Academy have improved also. No more burrs on the flat top. Pricey little things. I think these are a must have for anybody that enjoys to cook. I'll get me one eventually. The little elec. counter top one I have gets used all the time.

Regards,

Kevin

Beentown
07-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Following as my next build will have one on it.