PDA

View Full Version : End of season bargains?

...Dave
07-09-2015, 01:54 PM
hello all :-D unlike my x-wife and kids i have to live on a budget, and it helps to plan way ahead, and im kinda new to all this bbq stuff, so just curious to know about when stores swap out their seasonal stock of smokers, grills and charcoal?

and are sales fairly common on remaining items during the transition?

is charcoal a year round thing at big stores, lowes, wally world ect ect? or can it at least be ordered while out of season?

and what are the odds on finding a black friday or cyber-monday deal on a WSM 22?

thanks for any info ...dave

aawa
07-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Costco's typically drop the prices on the Vision Kamado's they sell to as low as $299. They typically start dropping the prices after July 4th.

Target will sell off their Weber kettles and other bbq accessories below msrp starting after July 4th. Obviously they drop the prices lower and lower as summers end draws closer.

You will probably see a charcoal sale for Kingsford Blue Bag at Home Depot and Lowes for Labor day.

These are typical sales which happen each and every year. There can be other deals had as well.

qman
07-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Sam's will start lowering prices soon, and by August will be trying to remove all "summer' stuff, and manager will negotiate prices big time, especially floor stock--they can not return opened items to warehouse, I am told.

Lighter-Fluid
07-09-2015, 02:20 PM
is charcoal a year round thing at big stores, lowes, wally world ect ect? or can it at least be ordered while out of season?

Down here we usually can find charcoal year round in stock.

smoke ninja
07-09-2015, 02:26 PM

Down here we usually can find charcoal year round in stock.

Big stores carry charcoal year round.

The half priced kbb sales are labor day and memorial day. Ive seen them around fathers day and the 4th also.

AlwaysSmokey
07-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Wait for the Christmas trees to come out at the box stores for a new grill or cos. Which should be next week..... LMAO. As others have stated holiday sales are a good time,.. but around Christmas they need a place to put all those fake trees and blow up santas.

Skip
07-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Check out Wal Mart there have been a number of scores on WSM's for 100$. You have to scan the item though as they can not advertise the sale price which they also must call a store markdown as weber never has sales.

jemezspring
07-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Charcoal is year round here but you will pay full retail off season. If you have the space labor day is usually the last chance to stock up at a good price before next memorial day. August is a good time to check the big stores for grills/smokers.

Right on Q
07-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Deals on a retail WSM are rare. The price is set by Weber and are advertised as such, so the retail stores can't put them on sale unless it's a clearance of their inventory.

However, I scored my 18 WSM and 22 WSM for $150 (new) and $250 (used) respectively by lurking obsessively on craigslist for a few months.

If you're really determined to get a deal on a WSM, craigslist is your best place. Ebay is good also.

...Dave
07-09-2015, 08:21 PM
However, I scored my 18 WSM and 22 WSM for $150 (new) and $250 (used) respectively by lurking obsessively on craigslist for a few months.

If you're really determined to get a deal on a WSM, craigslist is your best place. Ebay is good also.

ya, i did the daily hunt and got my 18 on c-list, was cheap too, but i got lucky because it was the only used one listed in ages, so i pounced just after the ad was posted. also had to drive 75 miles to get it but i didnt care, i was just happy i found one.