PDA

View Full Version : The Shed Fowl Play

hogzillas
07-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Anyone tried The Shed Fowl Play chicken marinade? Is the 3hrs bottle says too long/short/just right? Any other thoughts? I'll be doing some chicken tomorrow using it to see how it goes but wondering on other's experiences w/ it

smoke ninja
07-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Never tried that but have tried several of their sauces and they were all excellent.

hogzillas
07-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Turned out pretty good today. I might go longer than the 3hrs it says on label in the future but gave chicken a good flavor along w/ my normal Plowboy's Yardbird & my sauce. Didn't get much penetration on where skin was on legs but in places w/ no skin penetration was good so will remove skin during marinade part in future.

zanna5910
07-03-2015, 05:13 PM
3hrs? I kinda come from the mindset its overnight or nothing with marinades. Never had one be over marinated imo.

What's the flavor profile on that? Might have to give it a try. In a chicken marinade slump.

hogzillas
07-03-2015, 08:54 PM
A quick review of it I found online not real strong marinade which is why I think I could go longer

http://grillingwithrich.com/barbecue-sauce-review-the-shed-bbq-blues-joint-junk-free-barbecue-sauce/