PDA

View Full Version : Night before the Farmers Market

Dadeo719
06-26-2015, 09:18 PM
I was asked to kind of give a more "Behind the Scenes" look at our setup and prep, so I hope this helps. We use plastic storage bins to store and transport our stuff in the trailer. We carried this over from the way we store our gear for camping. We can be loaded up for a week of camping in about 20 minutes. Anyway, this is our "Utensil" box. Notice the Checklist on the lid with everything that is suppose to be in there. This is checked the night before we head out. Everything is physically touched. Every time. After we are done with the event, it is put back and again physically touched and put on the trailer. Right now,we have an Office, Utensils, Paper, Bread, Chips, and 2 Chafing storage bins. We then have a list for other items on the trailer. Again everything is physically touched on the trailer or it is not checked off. It just gives us peace of mind where so many other things can go wrong that you can't control, you might as well get the things that you can control right. Finally this is a drop off we did today for a Pharm. rep at a Dr's. office. Hopefully this will be something that continues to increase. So that is it for this episode. See you guys at 4am LOL!!

pjtexas1
06-26-2015, 09:40 PM
nice to see the science behind the madness.:wink:

Thatgrimguy
06-26-2015, 10:10 PM
love the post! Love following your progress. I hope your business continues to have great success!!

SmittyJonz
06-26-2015, 10:26 PM
I Envy you fellars until I hear 4 AM and all the loading/unloading and setting up ! :doh:
I have thought about trying to do like them Wright Bothers BBQ Boys in Tenn. Take orders and smoke/sell Whole Butts/Briskets but i'd probally only get 3 orders.....:shock:

https://www.facebook.com/wrightbrothersbbq

ShadowDriver
06-26-2015, 10:42 PM
I agree with PJ & Grim... Thanks for lifting the curtain for "the rest of us."

That's a really nice spread for the Pharm Rep gig! Does the pork on the left come laced with farxiga (sorry... too easy)?

Please keep the updates comin' as you're able. It's fun to live vicariously through you guys (especially when you mention 0400...).

Kind regards,
Shadow

dport7
06-27-2015, 06:06 AM
Ya, thanks for posting this, as I am thinking of doing something on the same line.
It will be church benefit, all proceeds go back to renovating the building.

It gets mind boggling for me, this really helped!

Longbow63
06-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Diligence goes a long way in controlling the things that you can. Great Job!

nmeyer414
06-27-2015, 04:14 PM
anal retentive is the only way to go to be profitable!