PDA

View Full Version : Reheating undercooked ribs?

theTastyCat
06-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Hey errbody - long story short I undercooked some ribs yesterday. And there were plenty of leftovers. Trying to resuscitate them for dinner tonight; maybe wrap in foil and cook in oven, unwrapping for last 30 minutes? I'm sure I'm not the only one to try this - any pointers in temp or time?

Many thanks, all!

castlepines
06-14-2015, 04:56 PM
I've done this, sometimes on purpose to shorten a cook the next day. Other times I've not timed things well and had to pull ribs a little early to feed the people I was with and they were a little underdone. I put them on a baking rack in a pan in the over at 300-350 and cooked until the fat was rendered out better. If the ribs are still uncut you can just cook them until it passes the bend or toothpick test like you normally would. Undercooked ribs reheated and cooked the next day are fantastic and will taste great!

Happy Hapgood
06-14-2015, 04:59 PM
I hate to say it but the microwave will finish cooking them quick and still retain whatever smoke flavor you used.

LMAJ
06-14-2015, 05:01 PM
How undercooked?

theTastyCat
06-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Well, I spent the rest of the evening trying to pick little bits of rib out of my teeth after eating, which is *never* how ribs are supposed to be :) so I tried to microwave a little just to see, and they rendered a lot of fat out, but didn't really get any more tender. I threw the rest in the oven unwrapped at 300 for an hour - so we'll see!

The microwave ones were edible, and the flavor was wonderful - which I never get to experience on the day of the cook itself! So however they come out, it should be ok :) thanks guys!

bluetang
06-14-2015, 06:28 PM
I put them on a rack in a pan, beer in the pan,ribs above beer, foil pan, in the oven at 250 till happy.

theTastyCat
06-14-2015, 07:51 PM
The oven ones came out quite well! I wouldn't have minded a touch longer but everyone else just couldn't hold out any longer. Much better than yesterday :/

It was my first time to do full spares, and it was hard to fit them all in a rib rack on my NB offset! Enter a new learning curve. But it is a tasty one! Thanks again, guys.