PDA

View Full Version : Help with boneless butt!

Nicholasprecision
06-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to the Brethren and I have no clue what i'm doing , don't know if this is the right place for this or not. I have been queuing most of my adult life and just this last 2 weeks have started smoking. I got a Masterbuilt 30" gas/ charcoal for my b-day and last week I tried ribs and a beer can chicken. The chicken was fantastic, the ribs were wayyyyy too hot (too much cayenne ) so a lesson learned..I want to try a pulled pork butt this weekend but what i got had the bone removed :cry: So I will try it anyways with some butchers twine to keep it together. Any thoughts or comments are very welcome. Thanks so much

bbqwizard
06-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Season it well, cook it fat side down at a temp between 235-250 until it reaches 165 internal. Then wrap it well in foil and put it back in until it reaches 195 degrees. Place it into a dry cooler (still in foil) with a towel for at least an hour, then enjoy!

Option#2 Season and cook at a temp between 300-325 for 3-4 hours, then wrap in foil with about a half cup of apple juice and continue to cook another 2-3 hours (depends on the size of the meat) until tender. Then proceed as stated above.

Good Luck!

1buckie
06-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Tying it up is probably a good idea.....the few times I did boneless it helped.....makes it act sort of like an complete piece.....

bbqwizard has you fixed up with the rest of the particulars !!!!