PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever make burnt ends using sausage?

jdefran
05-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Just curious how good it would be to smoke precooked sausage then cut up, place in pan, sauce, wrap and continue to smoke.. Would this even taste good?

Pyle's BBQ
05-07-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm afraid they would dry out and maybe fall apart.

Bludawg
05-07-2015, 11:54 PM
Depending on how big the pieces are 30- 45 minutes would be the limit beyond that????:puke:

IamMadMan
05-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Not burnt ends - but...

I wrap the rubbed sausage pieces in bacon, put them on the cooker/grill until bacon starts to crisp. Serve with a side of bbq sauce for dipping...

thirdeye
05-08-2015, 08:50 AM
The closest I come to that..... and use your imagination here...... would be smokey, seasoned, saucy, cubes like these:

http://i.imgur.com/dD3Gp1o.jpg

They are a beef product, and they come from a sausage of sorts.....well, it's ground meat stuffed into a casing.... and it is precooked.

http://i.imgur.com/t5Nrhfa.jpg

The question on the table now is.... should I start calling them BBE's? :biggrin1:

frog13
05-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Just curious how good it would be to smoke precooked sausage then cut up, place in pan, sauce, wrap and continue to smoke.. Would this even taste good?I'm sure it would taste good, why not? But it would be BBQ sausage, not burnt ends. Seems lately the term burnt ends (brisket point pieces) is being applied to anything sauced and cooked longer.

jdefran
05-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks for insight so far fellas. I have a hankering for some Q but would only have a 3-4 hour window this evening to do anything so figured this was a potential option.

jdefran
05-08-2015, 10:19 AM
I'm sure it would taste good, why not? But it would be BBQ sausage, not burnt ends. Seems lately the term burnt ends (brisket point pieces) is being applied to anything sauced and cooked longer.
Yeah I agree, burnt ends seems to be used ubiquitously. I personally have done a sliced butt or country style 'ribs' this way but call them butt nuggets.

drumdawg67
05-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Definitely an option, just not burnt ends. Tasty anyway though.

frog13
05-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Yeah I agree, burnt ends seems to be used ubiquitously. I personally have done a sliced butt or country style 'ribs' this way but call them butt nuggets.:clap2: Butt Nuggets, I like that! We also do this with country style ribs or beef roasts, definitely some good eating. Hmmmmm, Butt Nuggets and Cow Chunks! :thumb:

cholloway
05-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Butt nuggets... :clap2:
Oh yeah. That even sounds tasty! :cool: